Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS Appartement-Pension
$208
$178
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreek restaurantgarden suitefresh fruit salada quiet residential areabreakfast roommetro stationminute walkeggs to ordera wonderful place to stayrooms are hugesmall balconyvienna cardgreat bathroombreakfast was excellentcity centreeach morningstayed nights
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my sixth visit to Vienna, visiting my daughter and her Viennese husband.
I picked this place because it was close to their apartment, but what a surprise! The rooms, service, breakfast and location was no comparison to all the other accommodations I had stayed in my previous visits. I will refrain from repeating what you can expect at this place, as the readers already know about their excellent reputation. I just want to mention about the warm hospitality of Mr and Mrs Spiess which was sensational. Last but not least, the breakfast, especially the selection of rolls,cheese and salami, together with eggs Mr. Spiess prepares, served at the cozy, clean and sunny breakfast room was the best in town!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Junko11
Reviewed November 5, 2012

October 2012- Stayed one night/two days at S&S. It is now our only hotel/guesthouse option for Vienna. Location.Location.Location! Ate at the local Greek and Italian restaurants. Both were great. Had a great smoked sausage at the market area near the underground stop. The breakfast was perfect and fresh. Internet was great. The staff made you feel welcomed and cared for. We had just come from Africa, so we will add that the shower pressure was fantastic! Simply looking for another reason to have to stop over again in Vienna. Thank you S&S. We will be customers for life!

Room Tip: The photos of the rooms are true to form.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YeGoozo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Spiess & Spiess last May on my way from Canada to Greece. It was the perfect place to recover gently from jet lag.
My room was marvellously huge and overlooking the inner courtyards with birds singing and trees, all this within walking distance of all of Vienna's sighs. My friend had a much smaller room but spectacular with its skylights.
The breakfasts are the bests I ever had anywhere (seriously) and my friend and I almost missed our airplane because we did not want to miss breakfast the last day… :)
The couple who own the place are friendly and helpful. They have put together very good maps and documentations. For the fist two nights I was alone and I ate at the restaurants recommended and these were very good choices in the "reasonably priced" category. One was a very cheap little trattoria 3 minutes from the B&B and the other one was a VERY authentic viennese restaurant a few blocks away (nothing fancy but full of locals and delicious).
It is fun just to remember this B&B writing the review!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for two nights recently. The location is on a quiet side street but is just right beside the underground so can be in centre square in a very short time. It really is much more convenient than I had imagined.
The public areas are fine.The lobby area is a bit cramped and the carpet a bit worn but the welcome is friendly.
The bedrooms are spacious and clean. They are well appointed and are very pleasant though not probably luxurious.
The breakfast is very well stocked and is in an attractive conservatory.
Overall I would recommend staying here, although it is not cheap for a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It is impossible to do justice to Speiss and Speiss Appartement in a short review. Suffice it to say that it was "fabulous". The thing that made it so special was the kind hospitality of the owner, Ulla and her staff. I was traveling solo in Vienna and developed a medical issue which needed immediate attention. Ulla and her staff arranged a consultation with a doctor which turned out to be a lifesaver. Regarding the room, it was perfect in every way and the abundant breakfast was truly amazing. There is no hotel in Vienna that is more perfectly located with easy access to the metro. I am a seasoned traveler but rarely find accommodations this wonderful. It is without reservation that I recommend this gem of a B&B to anyone visiting Vienna. I have already made plans to return to Vienna now that I have found such an incredible place to stay!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo