“Very Modern and Clean”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #68 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hotel is in a very good location,the staff are friendly and the rooms are very well equipped and clean.
And for a change there is plenty of lighting in the bedrooms and the mirror is actally located by the hair dryer something most hotels seem to miss.
The only thing to be aware of is that the bathroom wall is opaque glass wall and the loo was very close to the bed so if you are travelling with someone you are not intimate with you may want to get an upgraded room with more space!
its very well decorated though!
Didnt make breakfast as it was new year so cant comment on this!
All in all and good hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Daniela B, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear “Stringers”,

Thank you for your visit at Le Méridien Vienna and your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and most grateful for your appreciation of our interior design. As part of Le Meridiens modern style, the bathrooms content of an opaque wall to match the rest of the bathroom and the room itself. The shapes of our rooms are very different though so in case you happened to face some inconveniences regarding the arrangement of the facilities, I am deeply sorry for that. For your next stay please feel free to discuss the room with our colleagues at Front Desk, I am sure we will find something appropriate for you.

Also I would be happy to offer you our breakfast package for your next visit – simply let us know that you would like to try our rich breakfast buffet. In case you are not a big eater, you can also enjoy our offers at “Le Moet” Bar where you can chose from the “Á la Carte Menu”, order our Continental Breakfast or enjoy our “Signature Breakfast” creations including “Éclairs” and daily fresh smoothies called “Eye Opener”.
I hope we can welcome you back soon, if there is anything I can assist you with, do not hesitate to contact me!

Nicole Kirchbaumer
Front Office Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,069)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our annual Christmas market weekend getaway. We loved it.

The spacious suite was lovely, with great bath and shower. The location was superb and it was easy to walk to all the markets. We had a great view from our top floor window too.

We didnt have breakfast so cant comment on that. Service was great and the bed was very comfy. Very clean and modern and a really funky bar with great cocktails. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothee C, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear DT_10London
Many thanks for your great review – it is always a pleasure hearing that our guests not only had a good time with us but were able to enjoy our facilities and our service to the fullest.
Also the location is indeed perfect to visit all sights and events in the city – we are glad you could benefit from the Christmassy flair surrounding us at that time of the year.
We very much hope to welcome you back next year of course, either for some more “Glühwein” and “Vanillekipferl” or maybe next time during summer when you can easily reach places like “Sand and the City” – perhaps next time we can also convince you with our rich breakfast buffet or pamper you with a cozy breakfast in bed.

Best regards from Vienna,
Nicole Kirchbaumer

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Before going on a Tauck Tour of the Christmas Markets, we came a day early . Tauck made the arrangements for the overnight at LeMeridien . My sister and I are in our late 70's and had a great deal of trouble getting out of the very low bed. It was like a futon. Room was large and the chair we had to move to the bed so we could get out. The bathroom was an accident waiting to happen. All glass and tile. Shower did not have a door so all the water went on to the floor. There was only a pole to hang on to in the shower area and the tile was very slippery when the water was on it. At $400 a night my sister could not take a shower as she had hip surgery last year and was terrified of falling in the shower. This might be acceptable to the younger people, but not us

Room Tip: Ask to see the room keeping in mind the issues mentioned above
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn92003
Dorothee C, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Marilyn,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback as only with your help we are able to constantly develop our quality and services.
I am deeply sorry to hear that our bathroom and beds caused you such an inconvenience and I do understand your disappointment about that. Please be assured that I forwarded your comments already to our head technician. We are currently working on an efficient solution for the showers without door and welcome your feedback.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back in Vienna and at our hotel. I would personally make sure that you would feel warmly welcomed and I rest on your disposal for any inquiries or needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via dorothee.cooreman@lemeridien.com
Best regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very avant garde decor. Lots of interesting modern art/ installations in the lobby. Rooms are decent sized and clean. Only one thing to be noted, if traveling with family, the toilet doors are of milky glass and do not lock! Free minibar is a plus.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Daniela B, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear “rsuchanti”,

Thank you very much for your nice comment referring to your recent stay at our Hotel.

The brand Le Meridien stands for unique contemporary art combined with local traditions which inspire our guests to new perspectives. Of course we understand your concern regarding our bathrooms. They are part of the open concept of the room and might lead to uncomfortable experiences when traveling with family. However, it is great to hear that you enjoyed the modern design and could benefit from our amenities.

We all hope to get the chance to be welcoming you back soon and personally I rest on your disposal for any future requests.

Daniela Barthelt

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Nice design hotel for a reasonable price. Very lively atmosphere at the reception but rooms are quiet. Very original bathroom suite that is well integrated in the design of the room.
Having been given a room with view on the courtyard I have to say that it was a great place to sleep because very quite despite the Christmas party taking place downstairs with a DJ and everything else.
I will consider staying again and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Dorothee C, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear „ A A „,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you felt comfortable in your room and that you could benefit from a good night sleep. We hope you will return soon to Vienna and we would be delighted to host you again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Brilliant location, good size rooms very modern interior and very helpful staff. Stayed here for three nights 20-22 December and we could walk to the Christmas markets around the area. We walked everywhere from here, went to dinner @ Mozart Cafe down the road and Cafe central which you have to book. Free mini bar with some juice, water, soft drink and beer. Did not get the breakfast but location is very central which meant you can go out and get breakfast anywhere. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mona,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your previous stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Feedback like yours is always great to hear and we are more than happy that you could benefit of our perfect location.
Certainly we hope to welcome you soon again and I personally rest on your disposal for any future inquires. So please do not hesitate to contact me at dorothee.cooreman@lemeridien.com

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at Le Meridien and totally loved it.
The location couldn't be better. Right across from the Opera House and next to a subway.
Rooms were very comfortable, modern, clean. Bathroom had everything you could ask for including a spa.
The staff were fantastic. Very nice and went out of their way to help us in anything we needed.
I would make it a point to stay there next time I go to Vienna.

Room Tip: I was in a corner room which was good. I didn't hear any people or doors at all
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear „Titimejias“,

Thank you very much for your great post about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. . Every day we are trying to go not only one but maybe two or three little extra miles for our guests and it is absolutely great to hear that we could contribute with our services to your fantastic experience in Vienna.
If you planning to come back in the future I would be more than happy to meet you personally and I rest on your disposal for any kind of needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me via dorothee.cooreman@lemeridien.com. I would gladly assist you in every way I can.

Warm regards from Vienna,