Le Meridien Vienna
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$154
$145
$95
$89
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ibis Wien Messe(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Breakfast included
$139
$81
  • Bar/Lounge
AZIMUT Hotel Vienna(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
3,096 results
All reviewsopera housechampagne barw hotelthe free mini barfrosted glassexcellent locationexecutive roomrooms are modernhofburg palacestate operagreat showermuseum quarterfree internetmajor attractionsbeautiful citypublic transportationminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is located at the great location location, on the Ring, next to Opera, with Nashmarkt at an easy walking distance. It is pricey, even for Vienna.

Rooms and common area are fine - but nothing special. There are art exhibits in the lobby area, but the design is too standard to our taste.

The restaurant (where you have breakfast) also has a brunch menu, which is good, but expensive. If you provide them with an Austrian airline boarding pass you will pay 38 euros for two persons - please note, however, that wine (except a glass of prosecco per person) and mineral water is not included. The later is a bit overpriced (8 euro for a large bottle).

Rooms are large, but lack a character. Internet is very slow and if you want a faster version you have to pay $15 euro per day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear “Igor P“,

thank you very much for your review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you benefited from our superb location and could enjoy some nice days at our great city.

Your full satisfaction with our services and amenities is certainly very important to us and should you have any further details what we could improve, you are kindly invited to write an short email to katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com, so we can set the right actions. However, the price level does represent the standard pricing of Vienna’s inner city but the value for the price paid is surely from high importance.

I would look forward to your email and rest on your disposal for any further requests.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Perfectly central, a good SPA ( not fantastic but enough for the end of the day), large rooms and bathrooms. Very clean, very bright, with every optional. Very good service, very good price for value. Staff too young at the desktop: more experience could be better but they are all very polite. I place i will suggest without any doubt!

Room Tip: Avoiding taking breakfast ( too expensive and in town there are many fantastic places to have it) every room is very very good! Both superior or deluxe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leonty77
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear “Leonty67“,

thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed some relaxing days in Vienna and certainly we hope to welcome you soon again.

Indeed, the average age of our staff is quite young as we believe that the young generation has to be promoted but we do have the necessary back up staff with experience to assure quality service.

Should there be anything I can do for you or for an upcoming reservation please do not hesitate to contact me. I rest on your disposal and would happily assist you.

Warm regards to London,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

If I have to use one word to describe the overall feeling of our 5 nights stay at this hotel, it would be "inhuman". We absolutely got zero service from their staff, except for lending us an umbrella on a rainy day. As a guest / a SPG member, you are not appreciated at all and when there's problem, they just leave you there cold. Here are some incidents.

1. After check in, we found that our room only had a queen size bed, very small. Since we are a couple, we wanted a bigger double bed. We called the reception and told the girl the situation. The first thing that she said, if you want a bigger bed, you need to pay XX extra. Strict to business, bom, money! Well, this is the first time, I have stayed in so many 4-5 hotels including many starwood proprieties, this is the first time that we were asked to pay more simply we wanted a bigger bed. Maybe, it's just because it's Austrian?????? What a hospitality!

2. One afternoon, we went to go to the Moet bar and wanted to have a coffee, but we were told that they were going to close the bar.(I find it's odd. The 5 star hotel even doesn't have a decent bar that has a decent working hour). We should go to another place (open reception desk) and order coffee there. But there were no staff at all. While, in the Moet bar, some people were still drinking, smoking and chatting. We told the staff that there's no one in the place that they suggested. So, they impatiently made some coffee for us to take away.

3. The hotel has a fitness center and a pool. But it's also a small executive club for people coming from outside the hotel. Of course, many hotels do that, but this hotel only has 12 something locker in the changing room. one third of them was broken. I went there 3 days in a row, but 2 days they couldn't offer me a locker. It was full! I had to change my swimming suits in my room and leave everything there and came back again. but please, only 12 lockers for hotel guests and people outside, seriously??!!!! The second day I told the hotel about the lockers. The woman on the phone said she'd ask the fitness center and gave me feedback in a few minutes. But guess what? Of course, there's no feedback at all.

Overall, it's quite a disappointing experience. I definitely will not recommend this hotel to people who want good services and want to experience hospitality while traveling. The impression is the guests are not the center of their business. It's not about guest, it's just all business....

Room Tip: If you are a couple, don't pick the room with queen bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “chizheng“,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your open and honest impressions about your recent stay at our property. Your comments are certainly much appreciated as only with your help we are able to constantly develop our services and quality.

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the great disappointment you experienced and without doubt I can understand your feelings. Every hotel is depending on its associates, who are the ones who have to go every day the step beyond the expected one. It truly saddens me, how your concerns and doubts were handled and please be assured that we shared your comments immediately with the concerned departments to not only assure a proper follow-up but also the necessary actions.

However, I do hope that we might get a second chance from your side to regain your trust in our quality and services and it would be our pleasure to host you once again at the Le Méridien Vienna. Personally I rest on your disposal for any future inquiries and would gladly assist you. So please do not hesitate to contact me any time at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.
Warm regards to Brussels,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was not quite what we expected of austere Austria. The lobby, once through the quite tricky revolving doors, is startling, but in a good way. Remi Schneider all around and art work that changes colours constantly are somewhat surprsing but very welcoming. The reception desk is efficient, effective and charming, with willing and able consierge help too.
The whole place is energising, with comfortable rooms and a bathroom that is all inclusive - a body shower AND a roll top bath. Its the little things too - the apples on the dish like a hand at the side of the bed, the refilled mini bar (admittedly with soft drinks and beer) refreshed each day. Its the sort of treatment that one expects at top hotels, but rarely gets. And of course free wi fi once you learn to re boot it from time to time! It is a hotel to enjoy rather than just stay at - Oh and by the way there is free water and more apples in the lobby too. There is a constant stream of conferences by Samsung, HP et al so we didn't try the bar or restaurant but there are so many places to eat and drink in Vienna any way (try I Tricolori for example) All in all a good stay and one to put in the pocket book for next time.

Room Tip: We were at the back on floor 2 which was quiet and suited our needs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear “nBtrm“,

thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed some relaxing days at our beautiful city and certainly it would be our pleasure to host you soon again.

It is really great that you could felt the energizing and inspiring atmosphere of our hotel, as we do put a lot effort into small details and certainly art. Exactly feedback like yours is showing us that our daily work is appreciated and please be assured that we will never get tired of spoiling you !

Should there be anything I can do for you or for an upcoming stay, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would happily assist.

Kind regards from snowy Vienna,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We live in Vienna and wanted a 5 star hotel to spend our 10 year anniversary, ohne kinder. I found a great rate for this hotel on Priceline and went for it. It was confusing at first because they were filming something in the lobby and it was a maze to figure out how to get to the front desk around the haphazard equipment spread about (can't that be done during less busy hours?).

Overall really enjoyed our overnight stay. Comfortable room for 2 with robes, slippers, free refreshment center with coffee, tea, juice, beer, and mineral water in your room. Clean, crisp, and bright room. Location can't be beat and would recommend it to others.

One final tip, the breakfast. We ordered room service and, while my husband was pleased with his a la carte orders, the Signature Breakfast was terrible. A complete rip-off. I literally thought they forgot something because it was actually laughable at how paltry the Oatmeal Souffle was (served in a coffee mug!!!!!!). RIP-OFF. The rest of breakfast was great! Just don't order the Signature Breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “szalgirl“,

Thank you very much for your nice review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We were delighted to host you for such a special occasion and also from my side a happy belated 10th anniversary! May you enjoy many many more years full of joy and happiness.

It is great to hear that you could enjoy both some quality time together and that our services were to your satisfaction. However, I am sorry to hear that the signature breakfast was disappointing and I forwarded your comments already to our f&b manager to discuss improvements.

We do hope to welcome you soon again and should there be anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Best regards,