Le Meridien Vienna
$583
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
3,105 results
All reviewsopera housechampagne barw hotelthe free mini barfrosted glassexcellent locationexecutive roomrooms are modernhofburg palacestate operagreat showermuseum quarterfree internetmajor attractionsbeautiful citypublic transportationminibar
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First time in Vienna and after a long train ride from Venice, wanted to check-in quickly for a quick nap. That's what exactly the check-in staff did and provided us with all the guide and tour information for Vienna. Very helpful!!
The room was a superior room and was quite funky (beside the bed was a clay hand with two apples!!). its a open cocept room wih mordern touch and ample lighting. Loved every second in the room.
The hotel is within walking the some of the major tourist sites and also the metro.
we loved our stay and hopefully will be back in Vienna soon..!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank farhanbari
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear “arhanbari”,

Thank you very much for your awesome feedback about your recent stay at our property. We are glad that we could surprise you with many artsy elements throughout the hotel.

A warm welcome and a sincere goodbye are probably the most important moments during a stay and to accommodate you as early as possible is the minimum what we could have done to make you feel comfortable.

I do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and should there be anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

My best wishes to Doha,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridien for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. I tend to travel solo, and rely on reviews to help me make decisions ... and I can tell you, this hotel is in a safe area -- a superb location. Walking distance to all the main attractions including the Albertina Museum, The Leopold Museum as well as close to shopping along Kaerntnerstrasse and it is across the street from the Vienna State Opera. I could not get over how comfortable and well organized my room was. I stayed in room 567, looking over the back of the hotel. The front desk clerk recommended facing the back of the hotel as it was less noisy, and I was fine with that. I had a view of a small park, and office buildings. The room was a great size ... not just for a European hotel room, but for any hotel room.The bathroom was definitely the main attraction! A huge, pink clawfoot tub was an unexpected surprise, the multi-head shower rivaled any I have seen at 5-star spa resorts, and a heated towel-bar was terrific. Daily refreshments in the mini bar were - free!! Plus Le Moet bar & cafe in the lobby had a delicious and reasonable breakfast (oatmeal & a strong cappuccino - 9Euros). For those who prefer a big buffet breakfast, that is available - but not what I needed. And, although going to the gym was not on my to-do list I thought the single elevator bank, with direct access from every floor, to the gym - was brilliant. No need to get on the main elevator, in your sweaty gym gear, and mingle with other hotel guests. As for dining, I did not eat in the hotel restaurants other than breakfast... but one night after getting back late from a concert, I ordered room service. Delicious and it arrived in less than 15mins. Unheard of in large hotels!! The hotel is modern, and displays unique art throughout the lobby.The only flaw I might point out was there was very loud techno music in the elevator ... but such a minor aggravation, it's barely worth mentioning. Given the chance to head back to Vienna, I would only stay at Le Meridien.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear “TravelEnthusiastTO”,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Le Méridien. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your days here in Vienna and that we could contribute to your fabulous experience with our amenities and services.

Feedback like yours is always giving us a boost of energy as it shows that the daily efforts of our associates are well recognized and your full satisfaction and comfort have our highest priority. But what makes our hotel so special? Probably the small unexpected things like you mentioned above and we are proud of surprising our guests each and every day.

We all hope that you will have the chance to visit us again in the near future and you can be sure that our doors will be all open for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future inquiries and I would happily assist you.

Best regards to Toronto,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent Hotel in the middle of Vienna, walking distance from Opera, Albertina, Museum District, Hofburg and Kärtner Strasse. The hotel has very professional and friendly staff, really nice rooms and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear “Comaxco“,

thank you very much for your short notice about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you could benefit from our superb location and that our associates could impress with great services.

Without doubt it would be a pleasure to host you soon again and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future request. I rest on your disposal and would happily assist you.

Best regards from Vienna,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Le Meridien was the perfect base for our five day stay in Vienna, right on the ring by the Opera house, with plenty of things to see and restaurants nearby. Service was flawless from check-in to check-out.

The Le Meridien design is certainly unique, but the room was large (especially for European standards) and comfortable. We loved the heated floors in the bathroom and the large glass-enclosed shower. The wi-fi speed was good, but sometimes we had trouble connecting in the room. The front desk was helpful in resolving this and sent a technician but we had the last room down the hall, so that might have contributed to the connection issues. Breakfast was really good with a good selection of hot and cold options. Service in the restaurant was perfect. We had the rate that included free mini-bar - it was always re-stocked with water, soft drinks, and beer and was a nice addition to our stay.

Overall, a great hotel that gets top marks. I hope to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear “gringa220”,

Thank you very much for sharing your great impressions about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your positive feedback is truly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your days together in our beautiful city.

Without doubt our hotel offers a good base to discover all different corners of Vienna but your general comfort is even more important to us. It is always our pleasure to surprise our guests with some unexpected amenities like the complimentary refreshment center and please rest assured that we will never get tired of “spoiling” you :-)!

We all hope to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com for any future inqurires.

I rest on your disposal and kind regards to Washington,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Le Meridien has a great location on the Opernring. The superior rooms looking over the courtyard are average sized, modern and comfortable with a tea/coffee making facilities and a free mini-bar with soft drinks and beer which is replenished every day. The bathroom is large and the best feature of the room. I liked this very much also that the room was virtually soundproof. Less to my liking was the elevator. The psychedelic music really grated on your nerves. Not relaxing or uplifting. The Moet bar where you could also have breakfast is not smoke free so even if the a la carte and very moderately priced selection was really nice the fact that there were smokers early morning put me off.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, not facing the Opernring are very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
FrontOfHouse, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear “Stefanie B”,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and that you felt comfortable throughout your stay.

Nonetheless I apologize for the impression about the “elevated experience” as it is truly not our intention to grate your nerves. The music and the light were especially created to invite our guests to discover the unexpected. Certainly I will forward your comments though to our executive management to assure an appropriate follow up.

I do hope that we might welcome you back soon and it would be our pleasure to invite you to the full American breakfast for your next stay so you can enjoy a smoke-free start into a new day.

Best regards,