“one of the best hotels I have ever visited!”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #78 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Paphos Cyprus
“one of the best hotels I have ever visited!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I recently visited Vienna on a business trip and booked to stay at the Le Meridien.

It has a great location, close to the Opera House but also to the U-bahn underground which can take you everywhere!

The staff at this hotel are excellent, nothing is too much effort and they go out of their way to please you. The rooms on the 4th floor where I stayed are very nice with a large bathtub which I immensly enjoyed! As a Starwood guest I also received complimentary wi- fi and minibar.

The staff of this hotel go to great lengths to ensure guests are happy.

Mishaps occur very regularly in many hotels, but this hotel proved to me that they will make every effort and go to great lenghts to ensure guests are happy!

It was snowing during my stay and I unfortunately caught a cold. I decided to order Room Service that night as I was quite unwell and just wanted something very light. When the waiter(Joseph) delivered my order and saw how sick I was, he returned with a pot of hot tea, lemon and honey on his own initiative. I must admit that I greatly appreciated this gesture, as it shows above all the humane approach.

Something so small made me So happy! 5 stars to Joseph for his kindness and professionalism!

Also on one evening I was experiencing issues with the wireless connection- I spoke to Jenny at the front desk several times that evening as I urgently needed to access the web so as to prepare for a presentation. IT brought a router to my room and the Duty Manager also called to see if all was okay and offered me the use of one of their laptops if mine was still not connecting. Finally everything worked out but I certainly appreciate the gesture!

The Le Meridien has definitely gained my admiration! Special thanks to the Front Desk (Gian Luca and colleagues), to the Concierge Ambassador desk for always being willing to help me find my way with routes on U-bahn and S-bahn and to the Duty Manager for always following up to check if all was okay..

I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephc848
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear “Stephc848”,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was our pleasure to host you and we do hope to welcome you soon back.

Excellent services and high quality have clearly our highest priority but as you mentioned above it can happen that not everything is going perfectly. But to demonstrate flexibility and efficient solutions are probably the most important things in those cases and I am very happy that our associates could impress with those features. Nonetheless I apologize for the inconveniences experienced due to the internet connection which I can imagine were truly uncomfortable. I noted your experiences already to your reservation profile so we can make sure that something like this won’t happen again in future.

Moreover I forwarded your compliments also to Josef and Gianluca which they really appreciated. Comments like yours are showing us that our daily efforts are well recognized by our guests and giving us the energy to go every day one step ahead the expected one.

As mentioned above we all hope that your business will bring you soon back to Vienna and to our hotel and if there is anything I can arrange for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal would happily assist you with any inquiries.

Best regards,

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent Christmas in Vienna and stayed at Le Meridien for 4 nights. We were given a room on the top floor. Room was spacious enough for the two of us...modern designs and clean. Bathroom was spacious though it does not have a bathtub. Best part of the room....the minibar! All the drinks in the fridge were free. There were two bottles of water (still and sparkling), 2 bottles of Coke, 2 bottles of orange juice...can't remember what else were there. They were replenished everyday, so we were never thirsty throughout the stay.

Generally, all the staffs were friendly and helpful. We had our Vienna Boys Choir tickets sent to the hotel. When checked with the Concierge, they were able to retrieve our mail quickly for us.

Location was great. Two minutes to Opera House and walking distance to almost any tourist spots within the city. Tram station is right outside the hotel. There's also a local cafe just at the corner of the hotel called Aida...serves simple breakfast and fantastic coffee!

All in all, a very good stay at the hotel and a very enjoyable trip to Vienna!

1 Thank Hotmooer
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear “Hotmooer”,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor. Our guest’s opinion is always highly appreciated and we certainly always love to read good feedback.

Your full comfort has clearly our highest priority during your stay and we are happy to hear that you could enjoy our amenities and services. Unfortunately not all of our rooms are featuring our famous Victorian bath tub but without doubt we will take your preferences in account for your next reservation.

We do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and at our hotel and personally I rest on your disposal for any kind of needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com and I would gladly assist you.

Kind regards to Kuala Lumpur,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love the location of this hotel.

If you want to be in the middle of EVERYTHING this is the place to stay. It is a creative, artistic hotel with a W type flair. Definitely, added to the enjoyment of our visit to Vienna. And if you happen to be going to the opera, its right across the street!!!

Thank you Le Meridian for such a memorable stay in Vienna!!!

1 Thank keln
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear “keln”,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your previous stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Feedback like yours is always great to hear and we are more than happy that we could add even more enjoyment to your stay with our services and amenities.

As you well noted we do have a bit of a W flair which is appreciated by many of our guests and I guess we are definitely worth to visit if you want to enjoy a Vienna holiday off the typical path.

We do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and if there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I would happily assist you with any inquiries and would make sure that there are more memorable moments to come :-)!

Best regards to Texas,

Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Le Meridien is located in the heart of the old city of Vienna, the moment you walk out of the main door, you could either turn left or right to explore the city as you are situated along the ring. We've got a Deluxe Room and the room (and even the bathroom) was spacious. After reserving the rooms online, we received a call 1 day later to inform us that the pricing that was offered to us was incorrect (as it was New Year's Eve), Le Meridien offered to upgrade us if we pay the actual price that the system has failed to show but we have rejected the offer, we were told by the staff that she would check with her superior and if it is ok for us to retain the current price. I was rather surprised with this response initially because if it was the hotel's system error, after accepting payment from the guests, they should honour them (we checked the website thereafter if they rectify the error but the price was still indicated lower than what we were told on the phone) - Le Meridien eventually honoured their offer.
Fortunately, this was the only minimal flaws that we received. Throughout the stay, we received impeccable service from every staff, and especially Mehmet from the Concierge team who assisted us with our car park issues. Would definitely recommend to stay in Le Meridien.

1 Thank Lita L
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear “Lita L”,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you could enjoy some nice sightseeing and that we contribute to your comfort with our services and amenities.

Nonetheless I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your booking. A mistake like this should certainly not happen and as it was absolutely not your fault the minimum we could have done is to honor the price paid. We have taken already the necessary actions to prevent similar events from occurring and your comments got discussed with our reservations department.

We do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and to our hotel so we can proof a flawless stay and assure your comfort in all aspects. Please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com for any future assistance.

Best regards to Milano,

Irvine, California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was our first stay at a Le Meridien (but stay at Starwood properties often) and found the room and rest of the experience to be very good. We did not interact with the staff very often but when we did they were friendly and helpful. We were upgraded and stayed in a room on the third floor that overlooked the green space at the side of the hotel. The room was very quiet, spacious and extremely comfortable. We really couldn't ask for anything more. I can't compare it to any other Le Meridien's but compared to other Starwood properties we have stayed at in Europe it was a bit more hip/modern and newer.

We arrived on Christmas eve and found some very festive holiday slippers in our room and a plate of holiday cookies which was a very nice touch being far from home (and jet lagged). When we checked-in the young woman at the front desk gave us some good advice to get to the christmas market that night before it closed for the season.

Although the hotel and our stay was great, the location is really its best asset. It is close to almost everything you would want to see/do... but far enough away from all the throngs of tourists. There is even an original language cinema (Burg Kino) just a few mins away that shows 'The Third Man'.

Dear “emandw”,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with us on Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to host you and we do hope to welcome you back many more times.

We are happy to hear that you could enjoy your days in Vienna and that we could contribute to your experience with our amenities and service. Our hotel is indeed quite modern but we still have a big focus on traditional hospitality with warmth and professionalism. All of the Le Méridien hotels worldwide have different impacts as all of them support local art so there is always a new discovery.

Christmas is a quite special time of the year and the whole city gets into a magical atmosphere. Surprising our guests with a small present was the minimum what we could have done to make you feel home and I hope you enjoyed our homemade cookies.

As mentioned already above we hope that your travels will bring you soon back to our property and if there is anything I can do for your or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Kind regards,

Malta
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at Le Meridien Vienna. We would like to thank the staff for being so welcoming and for offering such a good service.
Angela , David , Mehmet , Okan , Marie thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

Henri, Anne Marie & Mark Saliba

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear “Henri_Saliba”,

Thank you very much for sharing your short but sweet note about your latest stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was our pleasure to host you and we do hope to welcome you back many more times.

Your kind feedback about our associates got certainly shared with them and they truly appreciate your compliments. Comments like yours are showing us that our daily efforts are well recognized by our guests and giving us the energy back to go every day the step beyond the expected one.

Should there be anything I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and would happily assist you with any inquiries.

Best regards to Malta,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After entering the hotel and making our way up to the room, I would have given the property a 3.5 star. This was mainly because I felt the interiors were a bit nondescript for a Le Meridien. Some of the furniture seemed a bit cheap and the corridors seemed aged and outdated.

However, having said that, the service of the employees was absolutely fantastic. Except for one girl at the concierge, all the staff there were extremely helpful and friendly. I would venture to say that of all the hotels I have stayed in (and I am in the hotel industry), the staff here at this hotel were the most helpful and friendly. I really can't go on about how great these people were. They went over and beyond with any issues that we had with the room and with recommendations and attempts to book restaurants for us over Christmas Eve. They also gave small Christmas gifts to the kids that were with us. The cozy rooms were nice and big and the showers were excellent with a rainhead shower and a few side pumps to throw water at you from a number of directions.

The hotel was also located in a great place just walking distance to Stephansdom and to the subway station.

We ate at the hotel two times, once for dinner and once for breakfast buffet. The food was great and had a nice and broad selection. The minbar was also included with the room which is a great addition.

Oftentimes in rooms that have two beds, the beds are double beds so that two people can double up. If you come with three people to this hotel, it will be difficult to accommodate you given the bed situation. I had requested for a room with two beds in our reservation and upon showing up, I was told that there were no rooms available with two beds. That definitely put a cramp in our plans and we had to get a third room for the night because of this. I was informed that the rooms with two beds are at a higher rate. I wish I would have been told this after I put this request in for two beds with our reservation because it did affect our stay. However, they did switch rooms for us and we had to pay a higher rate but the beds were not large enough to sleep two so we had to get a rollaway bed. That part was a bit problematic but they did try to accommodate us when we had any requests or comments about the situation.

All in all, our stay was excellent and made our holiday together an excellent one!

1 Thank btravel17
Dear “btravel77”,

Thank you very much for posting your review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your comments are highly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you generally enjoyed your days here.

Our property was built as a modern hotel with lots of artsy influences to create an inspiring atmosphere for our guests. I am very sorry that the first impressions where not as experienced at other Le Méridien hotels and it is certainly not our intention to disappoint our guests with the first glimpse. Furthermore I would like to take the chance to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences experienced upon your arrival. The occupancy in December unfortunately did not allow us much room for upgrades but I am glad that we could offer you a solution at least on the following day.

However, we are more than happy to hear that our associates provided you great services which definitely make the difference to so many other hotels. It is our pleasure to assist you with any kind of request and your feedback got shared with all of our staff. Comments like yours are giving us the energy to go every day a step beyond the expected one.

We all hope to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and I rest on your disposal for any kind of inquiries. I wish you and your family a happy new year 2013 and hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,