“Wonderful Vienna visit and great location!”
Review of Le Meridien Vienna

Le Meridien Vienna
Ranked #66 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love the location of this hotel.

If you want to be in the middle of EVERYTHING this is the place to stay. It is a creative, artistic hotel with a W type flair. Definitely, added to the enjoyment of our visit to Vienna. And if you happen to be going to the opera, its right across the street!!!

Thank you Le Meridian for such a memorable stay in Vienna!!!

1  Thank keln
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear “keln”,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your previous stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Feedback like yours is always great to hear and we are more than happy that we could add even more enjoyment to your stay with our services and amenities.

As you well noted we do have a bit of a W flair which is appreciated by many of our guests and I guess we are definitely worth to visit if you want to enjoy a Vienna holiday off the typical path.

We do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and if there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I would happily assist you with any inquiries and would make sure that there are more memorable moments to come :-)!

Best regards to Texas,

Guest Relations Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,052)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Le Meridien is located in the heart of the old city of Vienna, the moment you walk out of the main door, you could either turn left or right to explore the city as you are situated along the ring. We've got a Deluxe Room and the room (and even the bathroom) was spacious. After reserving the rooms online, we received a call 1 day later to inform us that the pricing that was offered to us was incorrect (as it was New Year's Eve), Le Meridien offered to upgrade us if we pay the actual price that the system has failed to show but we have rejected the offer, we were told by the staff that she would check with her superior and if it is ok for us to retain the current price. I was rather surprised with this response initially because if it was the hotel's system error, after accepting payment from the guests, they should honour them (we checked the website thereafter if they rectify the error but the price was still indicated lower than what we were told on the phone) - Le Meridien eventually honoured their offer.
Fortunately, this was the only minimal flaws that we received. Throughout the stay, we received impeccable service from every staff, and especially Mehmet from the Concierge team who assisted us with our car park issues. Would definitely recommend to stay in Le Meridien.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lita L
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear “Lita L”,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are happy to hear that you could enjoy some nice sightseeing and that we contribute to your comfort with our services and amenities.

Nonetheless I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your booking. A mistake like this should certainly not happen and as it was absolutely not your fault the minimum we could have done is to honor the price paid. We have taken already the necessary actions to prevent similar events from occurring and your comments got discussed with our reservations department.

We do hope that your travels will bring you soon back to Vienna and to our hotel so we can proof a flawless stay and assure your comfort in all aspects. Please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com for any future assistance.

Best regards to Milano,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was our first stay at a Le Meridien (but stay at Starwood properties often) and found the room and rest of the experience to be very good. We did not interact with the staff very often but when we did they were friendly and helpful. We were upgraded and stayed in a room on the third floor that overlooked the green space at the side of the hotel. The room was very quiet, spacious and extremely comfortable. We really couldn't ask for anything more. I can't compare it to any other Le Meridien's but compared to other Starwood properties we have stayed at in Europe it was a bit more hip/modern and newer.

We arrived on Christmas eve and found some very festive holiday slippers in our room and a plate of holiday cookies which was a very nice touch being far from home (and jet lagged). When we checked-in the young woman at the front desk gave us some good advice to get to the christmas market that night before it closed for the season.

Although the hotel and our stay was great, the location is really its best asset. It is close to almost everything you would want to see/do... but far enough away from all the throngs of tourists. There is even an original language cinema (Burg Kino) just a few mins away that shows 'The Third Man'.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear “emandw”,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with us on Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to host you and we do hope to welcome you back many more times.

We are happy to hear that you could enjoy your days in Vienna and that we could contribute to your experience with our amenities and service. Our hotel is indeed quite modern but we still have a big focus on traditional hospitality with warmth and professionalism. All of the Le Méridien hotels worldwide have different impacts as all of them support local art so there is always a new discovery.

Christmas is a quite special time of the year and the whole city gets into a magical atmosphere. Surprising our guests with a small present was the minimum what we could have done to make you feel home and I hope you enjoyed our homemade cookies.

As mentioned already above we hope that your travels will bring you soon back to our property and if there is anything I can do for your or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at Le Meridien Vienna. We would like to thank the staff for being so welcoming and for offering such a good service.
Angela , David , Mehmet , Okan , Marie thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

Henri, Anne Marie & Mark Saliba

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear “Henri_Saliba”,

Thank you very much for sharing your short but sweet note about your latest stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was our pleasure to host you and we do hope to welcome you back many more times.

Your kind feedback about our associates got certainly shared with them and they truly appreciate your compliments. Comments like yours are showing us that our daily efforts are well recognized by our guests and giving us the energy back to go every day the step beyond the expected one.

Should there be anything I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and would happily assist you with any inquiries.

Best regards to Malta,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After entering the hotel and making our way up to the room, I would have given the property a 3.5 star. This was mainly because I felt the interiors were a bit nondescript for a Le Meridien. Some of the furniture seemed a bit cheap and the corridors seemed aged and outdated.

However, having said that, the service of the employees was absolutely fantastic. Except for one girl at the concierge, all the staff there were extremely helpful and friendly. I would venture to say that of all the hotels I have stayed in (and I am in the hotel industry), the staff here at this hotel were the most helpful and friendly. I really can't go on about how great these people were. They went over and beyond with any issues that we had with the room and with recommendations and attempts to book restaurants for us over Christmas Eve. They also gave small Christmas gifts to the kids that were with us. The cozy rooms were nice and big and the showers were excellent with a rainhead shower and a few side pumps to throw water at you from a number of directions.

The hotel was also located in a great place just walking distance to Stephansdom and to the subway station.

We ate at the hotel two times, once for dinner and once for breakfast buffet. The food was great and had a nice and broad selection. The minbar was also included with the room which is a great addition.

Oftentimes in rooms that have two beds, the beds are double beds so that two people can double up. If you come with three people to this hotel, it will be difficult to accommodate you given the bed situation. I had requested for a room with two beds in our reservation and upon showing up, I was told that there were no rooms available with two beds. That definitely put a cramp in our plans and we had to get a third room for the night because of this. I was informed that the rooms with two beds are at a higher rate. I wish I would have been told this after I put this request in for two beds with our reservation because it did affect our stay. However, they did switch rooms for us and we had to pay a higher rate but the beds were not large enough to sleep two so we had to get a rollaway bed. That part was a bit problematic but they did try to accommodate us when we had any requests or comments about the situation.

All in all, our stay was excellent and made our holiday together an excellent one!

1  Thank btravel17

Dear “btravel77”,

Thank you very much for posting your review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. Your comments are highly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you generally enjoyed your days here.

Our property was built as a modern hotel with lots of artsy influences to create an inspiring atmosphere for our guests. I am very sorry that the first impressions where not as experienced at other Le Méridien hotels and it is certainly not our intention to disappoint our guests with the first glimpse. Furthermore I would like to take the chance to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences experienced upon your arrival. The occupancy in December unfortunately did not allow us much room for upgrades but I am glad that we could offer you a solution at least on the following day.

However, we are more than happy to hear that our associates provided you great services which definitely make the difference to so many other hotels. It is our pleasure to assist you with any kind of request and your feedback got shared with all of our staff. Comments like yours are giving us the energy to go every day a step beyond the expected one.

We all hope to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and I rest on your disposal for any kind of inquiries. I wish you and your family a happy new year 2013 and hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have contacted the hotel prior my arrival and more specifically the guest relations Supervisor who arrange an immaculate stay for me for the whole three nights. Top floor rooms are super spacious with the most spectacular views to the City. Location is fabulous, just opposite the Opera house and the U Bahn station of Karl's Platz just a few steps away.
For sure I will be back as I felt like home away from home. Thank you so much to the whole Crew of Le Meridien Vienna for the fantastic stay. David at the concierge desk is extremely helpful and also Julia at the Front Office desk goes the extra mile for the entire guest satisfaction.

Room Tip: Get an executive room on the 8th floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear “General Manager H”,

Thank you very much for your great review about your previous stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was truly a pleasure to host you and we do hope to welcome you many more times back.

We really appreciate your kind feedback about our front of house staff and personally I would like to thank you as well for your nice words about myself. I always gladly assist with requests prior arrival so we all can make sure that everything will be at least as expected but maybe even beyond expectations.

If there is anything else I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me…you’ve got my email :-)!

Warm regards to Batam,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights in November and the hotel was just the most perfect example of a hotel that you can get. Location wise it is excellent; within walking distance of the city centre attractions.The room was superb and it was great to see the minibar included in the price. The bathroom was fully equipped with a beautiful standing bath and there was a great shower with a variety of shower heads. The bed linen was soft with the best pillows to give you a sound night sleep. In fact, if it were not expensive, I could live here!

Expense may be a negative word but I have begun to realise that being in the centre of a city is so important as you don't have to include the price of the cab or bus back to or from the hotel, which no doubt increase costs, so in my view the price for a city centre hotel was not bad. It also meant you can wander into Vienna for dinner which is advised as the restaurant is expensive.

Although the accommodation is perfect, there were a couple of not-so-good things. For the price of the hotel, as a guest you expect the main bar to be open to guests every night. However, the hotel managers closed the bar for a glitzy event on my final evening and I find this appalling. I know this is a sharp contrast to my earlier review which placed the hotel in a perfect light, but it is simply not good enough to close one of the best amenities of to the paying customer. Surely the hotel has function rooms to use instead? The barman told me this happens once a month, and although the Moet bar was open, it is smaller compared to the main bar and there were long queues and frazzled staff so it made my last night disappointing.

A further tiny criticism is the spa, it is nice to see this extra zen-like space included in the price, as it is the perfect way to escape the bustling tourists for a few moments of 'you time', but for the price you pay for the hotel bottles of water SHOULD be free. This might sound a strange criticism to place in the review but after spending a while in the sauna you do get VERY thirsty and it should be in my view just be good practice to provide free water.

Saying that, it is in the centre of the city centre so there are other bars to choose from. I hope this doesn't put you off as the hotel is near-enough perfect and the warmth and interest of the staff to make you feel special really does outweigh any negatives. I am going to make sure I visit again soon .

Room Tip: Upgrade for a superior room ... treat yourself!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank thetraveller089

Dear “thetraveller089”,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your recent stay with us at the Le Méridien Vienna which is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you could enjoy your days in our beautiful city and that the superb hotel location could contribute to your experience.

Certainly there is always space for improvement and development and your comments about the free bottled water in our spa area have been already a topic during our last executive management meeting to see if we might be able to add this amenity for our guests.

Furthermore I am deeply sorry that you were not able to use our Shambala bar due to a closed event. It does not happen regularly that we close one of our outlets for a private party and I apologize that this situation caused you an inconvenience.

I do hope that your travels will bring you back to Vienna and also to our hotel and we would happily seize this chance to proof that we are not nearly perfect but perfect :-)!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions with us and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of requests. Please do not hesitate to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com and I would happily assist you with any inquiries.

Best regards,