Le Meridien Vienna
$145
$95
$89
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ibis Wien Messe(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Breakfast included
$126
$81
  • Bar/Lounge
AZIMUT Hotel Vienna(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
  • Bar/Lounge
3,096 results
All reviewsopera housechampagne barw hotelthe free mini barfrosted glassexcellent locationexecutive roomrooms are modernhofburg palacestate operagreat showermuseum quarterfree internetmajor attractionsbeautiful citypublic transportationminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a business trip and wish I'd had more time there. The modern decor was right up my straight, the bedroom and bathroom were amazing. As I arrived too early to occupy the room, I was shown to the bar area for coffee and it was very unclear whether it was complimentary coffee or not - it may help to be a bit more explicit. I personally would light the lift more as I wasn't sure whether I was going to heaven or hell! The breakfast food was exquisite, I have never seen, or ever will again, see such a choice - there was everything you could imagine, or indeed couldn't imagine. The one minor thing was the hairdryer - may not be on everyone's priority list but it was "plumbed" in, old with a very short lead and not reaching in front of the mirror - I've seen better quality in a B&B. Apart from some minor details, it's a very nice hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear “SMK13Coventry”,

Thank you very much for your great feedback about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are very happy to hear that you could enjoy a short but “sweet” night with us and we also hope that for your next visit you are able to spend more time in our fantastic city.

Please be assured that our lifts are definitely not going to hell but might bring you in a heavenly bed :)…The light is part of the “arrival experience” which was especially created for Le Méridien to surprise our guests with unexpected features.

I am very sorry though that the hair dryer was not up to your expectations and we would like to thank you for pointing that out. We are always aiming to optimize our services and I forwarded your input already to the technical department.

We all hope that we can welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and I definitely promise…the next coffee is going on me :)!

Best regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is great for many things, clean room, great shower, nice bed, nice decor. However, they need to leanr that today we need to have access to the internet with our mobile devices.
No problems with my laptop and the wired connection...but forget about it for your iPhone or iPad...it keeps asking you te reconnect, and when it does it fails. Its really frustrating.
Room is important, but today so is the WiFi. I was at the Imperial Hotel earlier in the week and none of these problems.

Room Tip: Get a 3G provider for the internet...forget about their WiFi..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Daniel3282

Dear “Daniel3282”,

Thank you very much for your review about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions and we are happy to hear that you felt comfortable in your rooms and enjoyed the artsy elements of our hotel.

Nonetheless I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to the malfunctioning of the internet. Please be assured that I forwarded your feedback already to our IT manager and both of us would like to know more details about that issue. It would be our pleasure to discuss that further and I would appreciate if you could contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com.

I do agree with you that a fast and clean internet connection is one of the basic needs our guests have nowadays and I can understand your frustration about the situation you experienced. As already mentioned above we would like to investigate on that and I would be delighted to offer you an adequate refund for your experience.

I hope we might get in touch soon and I rest on your disposal for any kind of needs or requests.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here twice in last 2 weeks and hotel is not as good as it used to be. The rooms are clean, but TV is impossible to figure out, several amenities like hair dryer, scale, speakers, did not work in either room, service is re-active at best. A no is never followed by a suggestion, valet was ridiculously lazy and inefficient. We had to get oour own car and figure out a parking pay system, worth a fort knox security system.
At breakfast, once you sit down, a check s already handed to you. ordering a la carte is an option that none seems to care about.Stayed here 8 nights now in 12 months and won't go back. It is a great 3 star, a mediocre 4 star and for sure not a 5 star.

Room Tip: ask for 801; great city view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear “reno”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your impressions about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and comments like yours are always taken under serious consideration.

It saddens me to hear that we had the chance to host you already several times in our hotel and that the disappointment was getting bigger with every stay. I wish I would have had the chance to talk with you at least once personally to show you that we do care about our guest needs and requests.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the technical inconveniences you experienced which are truly not representing our standards. I forwarded your feedback already to our chief engineer and without doubt we would appreciate if you could forward us more details regarding the rooms you stayed in. Please feel free to contact me at katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com so we can investigate those things further.

We have been discussing your feedback regarding the valet service within the team to make sure that such a situation won’t happen again. Valet service should be always available upon your request and it is definitely not acceptable that you had to figure out by yourself how the payment is working.

The à la carte breakfast service is certainly an option which our guests can choose for breakfast and I apologize for the experience you had. I forwarded your comments already to our restaurant manager, Mr. Anton Grundner, to prevent similar events from occurring.

“Reno”, one more time I would like to thank you for the constructive feedback you shared with us. Only with your help we are able to constantly improve our quality and services. I do hope that your journey might bring you soon back to Vienna and I would be more than delighted to meet you personally to discuss with you further and to assure your comfort…maybe even again at the Le Méridien Vienna.

I rest on your disposal for any kind of needs and look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

LE meridien is a new hotel, decorated in a modern way. The rooms are very clean and nice. It iffers a fantastic restaurant that can accomodate the most challenging taste. Staff is polite enough. It is locates in the centre of the town very near at the Vienna Opera. I recommend this hotel to couples and families as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear “Belze69”,

Thank you very much for your great feedback about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. We are absolutely amazed by your kind words and what else can I add to your recommendation :)?

We are proud to represent the traditional and modern sides of Vienna within one building and I am really happy to hear that our services and amenities were beyond your expectations.

We all hope to welcome you soon back at our hotel and if there is anything I can do for you or for one of your next bookings it would be my pleasure to assist you.

I rest on your disposal and best regards from Vienna,

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My overwhelming impression of this hotel is that the staff were about the nicest and most welcoming people I've ever come across anywhere in the world. Friendly, efficient and just couldn't do enough for me.

The aspect of this hotel I didn't get on with was the decor, which is kind of modern art influenced with lots of dark sexy colours in the communal areas... To the point that the dark blue lights in the lifts make them a bit murky and threatening. In contrast, the rooms are all light wood and frosted glass, which in fairness gives them a nice spacious feel. It's mostly a matter of taste, but I also felt that in perusing a certain look, the hotel fails on function. May room had lots of artsy bowls of things scattered about, which I had to collect up and put on the floor in the corner before I had enough space to open my suitcase and empty my pockets.

Quite an expensive place to stay, but in fairness they throw in a free mini bar and wifi, which many other hotels would charge for. The set lunch menu was also a nice touch - tasty and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2012
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear “chrissleight”,

Thank you very much for your decent comments about your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was truly a pleasure to host you and we all would be delighted to welcome you soon back.

Your feedback about our associates makes us very proud as it shows that their daily efforts are well appreciated and recognized by our guests. All different characters and needs are challenging us every day and your positive words are giving us the energy to go not only the expected step but the little extra mile for you.

Nonetheless I am very sorry to hear that the artsy and certainly “off-beat” atmosphere of our hotel was not completely to your comfort. Design should never come before practicability and I apologize that you had that impression. We always take comments like yours very seriously as we want our guests to feel home away from home and we do hope that we might get a second chance from your side to proof not only our functionality but also again our hospitality.

If there is anything I can do for you or for one of your next stays please do not hesitate to contact me any time via Katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and would gladly assist you with any inquiries.

Best regards and hope to see you soon back!