Alla Lenz Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$154
$145
$95
$89
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ibis Wien Messe(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Breakfast included
$139
$81
  • Bar/Lounge
AZIMUT Hotel Vienna(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsswimming pool istram busstayed nights in this hotelroom was cleanboiled eggsyogurtstay there againhotel is situatedwithin walking distanceschillingringluggagekeywificentrepensionminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Hotel with modest breakfast, boiled egg on request only. Parking @ hotel space cost you ?15/day, but Saturday 22h-Monday 9am is free at streets around the hotel. The reception won't tell you to earn extra ? from you. Swimming pool is available, but at the adjacent building and not comfortable. Room has good and free wifi, no AC, bed is hard, but comfortable, locker with key. Entrance to the room is with key (also at night when reception is closed). Room had no hot water at 3rd day. If you don't mind the small things, the price is right for 3 stars.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in March 2013. The hotel is in a quite ugly building located about 1,5 km from the Ring: you can reach it either on foot or by tram/bus. Our room was clean and with enough space to put our luggage. The staff was kind and helpful. We were requested to pay by cash. Breakfast was okay, with a good choice of cakes and jams. There is a car park in front of the hotel, € 15 per day. We had a tasty dinner in the restaurant at the end of the block, Gastwirtschaft Schilling.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Was booked in here by a company for two weeks, and the initial impression from outside is a little underwhelming. However, once inside, I really have nothing but positives to say about the place. Here are the boxes it ticked for me:

Free internet access - this seems to be becoming the norm, but is always worth a mention. Good speed (I was getting 8mbps) allowed me to use Skype successfully.

Comfortable bed (quite hard) with feather pillows - not every room was the same, I learned, but I got a 'double for single use' which meant I could spread out as I am used to at home. I cannot stand anything other than feather pillows, and these were the best.

TV had a USB slot for playing my own films from a hard drive. Enough said.

Good off-centre lighting in the room, to create a 'mood'.

Quiet. Alarm clock to wake you up if you need it.

Warm with controllable heating (didn't try opening windows, but I'm not sure you can).

Shower cubicle a little small but otherwise a well-designed bathroom. Towels on the rougher side of luxury.

Decent wardrobe space. Though, buyer beware, not all rooms are cut from the same cloth, so this was my individual experience of my own room.

Maid service did a spot-on job.

Friendly (family?) owners/managers, who remembered my breakfast choices. Breakfast was a standard, modest buffet with an emphasis on meat and cheese, plus an optional boiled egg. Fine for me.

Close to the centre. I tend to walk, and I got everywhere I needed within 20 minutes.

Restaurant at the end of the street pretty friendly and not excessively pricey (the Schilling).

I slept well, ate well in the morning, and could keep myself entertained at no great extra cost. It may look like a 70s YMCA from the outside, but it really did the job.

(Note I didn't pay for any of it, so can't comment on value for money)

By the way the official picture of a swimming pool is a little flattering. But there is a small pool, good for relaxing, but at 5 metres long, not for working out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank playboyrichard
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were three families who stayed twice in this hotel, for one night each time.
First of all, I note that the hotel staff is very kind and always smiling and giving a good feeling.
The rooms were spacious, well equipped and very clean with an excellent free WIFI connection.
Breakfast was simple and delicious with excellent service.
The hotel in very good location, about 15 minutes walk from the ring and 10 minutes' walk from the Mariahilfer street (for shopping).
We used the hotel's parking in fair price.
There is no doubt we have chosen an excellent hotel, well worth the money we paid for.
Certainly we will return to this hotel again if we visit Vienna

Room Tip: In the summer choose room with a/c
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This pension-hotel is within short walking distance of the main railway station of Vienna, and not too far to walk from the centre.
There is cycle parking just outside the door.
The rooms are comfortable and well equipped.
Breakfast is simple and straightforward.
The signal for the free access to wifi is strongest by the reception - a little weak up in the rooms - so I sat on the bottom of the stairs to deal with e-mail!
The hotel reception is limited, and not manned all the time. Note that this is a "Pension" rather than a full "Hotel", but perfect for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends