“Really enjoyed my meal here”
Review of Mochi

Mochi
Ranked #34 of 4,413 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was lucky enough to grab a chair at the bar at Mochi on a Saturday night without a reservation, but I did have to come back and then wait another 30 min. The wait was worth it. Very good service from the hostess to the waiter to the sushi chefs, very personable and friendly. You are even presented with a description of what you have ordered when they bring the food out, which is a nice touch. Prices are very reasonable and food is excellent. A personal preference that I wouldn't choose the Best Friend's Roll again-strange to have fried bell pepper in a quasi California roll, but that is the house favorite, just not my personal favorite. Loved the spinach salad to start (I don't even like spinach but this was incredible) and the soft-shelled crab delicious. A seriously popular place, the waiter told me in the summer months they are booked at least 3 weeks in advance, most certainly when it's warm enough to enjoy the patio seating. I was very pleased with my evening. A very good meal indeed!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Mochi several times in the last 6 months. I was amazed each and every time with the food, service and the atmosphere. Finding a table is my challange in Mochi, the rest is magic.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

In a city where bad pan-Asian restaurants abound, Mochi is showing how Japanese should really be done. The carpaccio of tuna with tart yuzu dressing was a stand-out.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Mochi offers a fantastic combination of excellent quality, great cocktails, very friendly staff and a cosy atmosphere!! What else can one ask for? Its one of my favourite restaurants in Vienna.

One tip - Always make a reservation in advance if you are a group of 4 or above. You can show up without a reservation if you are 2 people. The staff will always try to find you a table.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've eaten at some of the 'best' Japanese restaurants in the world but this was better! We didn't have a booking and were trying to make one for later in our stay. They had no places but managed to squeeze us in tonight for a early table with a fairly quick turnaround. Everything was amazing, especially the seafood salad.... The service was excellent, the atmosphere spot on and the value superb. I just wish we could go back before we leave Vienna. Please bring Mochi to London!