“Nice apartment for our family”

Hotel-Pension Continental
Ranked #95 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We traveled with 2 children (7&10) and were able to stay in one of the apartments. The kids loved having their own room which had a little closet that made a really cool fort. There was plenty of room for our family to not be on top of each other. The location of the hotel was pretty good as well. It was less than 5 minutes to the U station. There was also a market just across the street, so we were able to buy some basic food and drinks as a way to save on snacks/ meals. The full kitchen was very helpful and useful with our kids. The breakfast was pretty basic, but my daughter loved the hot chocolate. Yogurt and a delicious roll with some meat and cheese is really all I need anyway. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed. There was a washer/dryer in the room, which was a nice surprise...I just wish we could have gotten it to work. Everywhere we went, the people spoke English and we had no problems communicating. Very nice apartment/hotel for families.

Room Tip: Very nice family apartment/hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Like other reviews, i was concerned at arrival to find the apartments located in an office block with a poorly lit twisting corridor. It was a very pleasant surprise to be offered an upgrade, although I will admit to being a bit wary at first, but a preview of apartment 3 soon changed this. The young man who assisted us was exceptional, with his information about Vienna and orientation. The apartment we stayed in was located away from the hotel (about 300 meters) in Lindengrasse. We had to come back to the hotel for breakfast but that was ok. Felt safe in the Apartment which was locked by a gate from the street. While the decor was not to my taste, it was clean and comfortable. It did smell of stale cigarette smoke a bit. Having cooking and washing facilities was really helpful as we are a family of 4 on the road for 11 weeks, so the space to move around was very precious.
The location is perfect for exploring town and we were happy to walk to all of the attractions. Easy access to great shopping streets and the museum quarter, a supermarket across the road was also very convenient,
I can only comment on the apartment and would recommend this for families.
The breakfast was simple to get us going, but with access to a full kitchen you can easily cater yourself in the Apartment.
To the young man on reception, thank you for your very pleasant welcome!

Room Tip: Families should select the Apartments on offer.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kaiyagirl
Reviewed May 20, 2011

got a great deal on a 2-bedroom/1-bathroom suite for a family trip. location is great, as others have mentioned: not right in the heart of vienna, but a 5-minute walk to the neubaugasse u-bahn stop and a 15-minute walk to the art history museum and the hapsburg summer palace. rooms are clean; staff is helpful; breakfast is fairly plain but fine (yogurt, cereal, cold meats and cheese, bread and jam/nutella). the free internet is nice to have, but was rather spotty: i assume this was because our rooms were somewhat far from the reception area, but we eventually found the optimum place to sit in our room to get the best signal and they have a laptop in the reception area you can use as well for a quick email check. although it's located near the corner of a very busy shopping area (mariahilfer strasse), all the shops close early (e.g. by 7 p.m.) and the area is very quiet at night, although i'm not sure about how loud the clubs are on the weekends. recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in a triple room. It wasn´t a room, it was a flat. In the hall one bed, then two large beds in another room, seperated shower and toilet and kitchen! It was clean but dated. Breakfast ok, one of us is allergic so they got soyayougurt and milk every morning. Quick service, but not so much to choose from. Free internet. It was not so good that people could smoke in the hallwa. Location great! It´s on the big shopping street, 5-10 minutes to museum quartiers. Tube 50 meters from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank consa
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I made my reservation through booking.com and got a real good price! Great location, just minutes walking from the old town, and west train station. Staff was very kind, they let me had breakfast very early in the morning (at 6 am!) when I was out for day trips. Room was quite big for a single room. I really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CalistaMcFly
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Me and my friends have booked a triple room, 2 months before arrival at a very good price. I have to admit that I had my fears booking a Hotel Pension, but the Continental was a real strike. Excellent value for money! Perfect location, large room with kitchenette and healthy breakfast with very good coffee.
The staff was very helpful and polite, all of them!
I would definatelly choose the same hotel next time I travel to Vienna.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blueberrygeri
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I chose this place for two obvious reasons: price and location. I have to admit that I was slightly sceptical, when I first came into the building’s staircase: you have to use a very cramped elevator or walk two stairs up to the hotel. Luckily, the place was much better than I expected. The rooms themselves have not been renovated for a while, beds are uncomfartable and normally it would be unbearable to stay in place like this.
The stuff however manages to compensate all these limitations: they are extremely polite, helpful and keep the place clean and tidy. The breakfast is fairly simple, but it is actually much better than you get in Ibis-type of hotels in Vienna.

Another positive thing was that the quests were let’s normal, so it was very quite in the rooms. Finally, the location is very good; you have a taxi standing next to the hotel’s entrance and an underground station 200 meters away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple