My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in late September.
Our room was on the first floor, facing the side street. It was on a non-smoking floor and there was definitely no smell of smoke anywhere on this floor.
The room was quite large with a desk, 2 chairs, closet, minibar, luggage shelf etc.
There was a flat screen wall mounted TV (with 2 English channels - CNN and Russia Today). The bathroom is quite large and very modern. The bed was a king and it was very comfortable. There are 2 types of pillows.
There was some tram rumbling in the room but when we shut the window it was not very noticeable. I wear earplugs anyway but my husband didn't and he didn't even hear the noise.
The hotel is in the older style, but inside is modern and all the public areas are very welcoming and pleasant. As are the staff, who were exceptionally friendly and obliging every time we asked anything - especially Herr Gonzalez.
Breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice, very fresh and lovely surroundings. A lot of people there appeared to be business people.
Finally the location - for us it was excellent. A short walk to the nearest train station, trams in front and a pleasant walk into the very busy centre of Stephanplatz (I wouldn't want to stay in there as it is too hectic!)
This hotel is exceptional value for an expensive city.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and I would stay again if I ever return to Vienna.
1. Don't do a boat trip - it is boring and you don't see much at all
2. Allow plenty of time for Schonnbrun. We barely saw it all in a day and a half. The zoo alone deserves a full day. It is a superb zoo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tradition for 100 years, Viennese charm and outstanding Austrian hospitality await guests at the 4-star Hotel Erzherzog Rainer. The central, convenient location in walking distance to the Vienna State Opera and the "Karntner Strasse", in the historic centre of Vienna, guarantees a vacation in which there is the opportunity to immerse oneself deep into the Viennese soul. 84 Comfortable rooms offer conveniences such as WLAN (free of charge) and Flat screen TVs with Sky programs. At the hotel's restaurant 'Wiener Wirtschaft' typical Viennese down-to-earth cuisine is served in a relaxed ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Erzherzog Rainer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erzherzog Rainer Hotel
- Best Western Vienna
- Erzherzog Rainer Vienna
- Vienna Best Western