Lowest prices for your stay
$85
Free cancellation until 10/29/21
$86
Trip.com
$84
Hotels.com$86
Priceline$85
Travelocity$86
All reviews quiet street breakfast room good size zieglergasse metro station stops austria
Selected filters
Reviewed March 8, 2019

I was here one night, i often book boutique hotels. This one looked promising online.

The lobby was stylish so i was excited to see my room.
unfortunately my room was very average and nothing about really spoke out boutique. On wall had patterened wallpaper so i guess thats why they called it boutique.

My bed was small. and against a wall, the bath room was large and a huge shower which i liked but the colours were a bit odd.

I asked for a wake up call, which i never got?

The breakfast was okay. They had a gluten free bread for me when asked for.

The stay was okay, but compared to other cheap boutique hotels iv stayed in, it wasn't the best.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Brad C
Reviewed January 1, 2019

Stayed five nights over New Year 2018. Our room was on the top floor and although next to the lift, very little foot traffic meant that it was a quiet location. Apart from a slightly stained carpet, the room was clean & quite spacious. Breakfast room was also spacious & food provided was fresh and nicely presented. Reception/lobby was clean & tidy and functional. Downsides were a grubby ground floor corridor between the front & back sections of the hotel, and a lack of ambience or atmosphere in the public areas.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blubeckers13
Reviewed December 5, 2018

Travel 5-6 times a year and usually pleased with our Hotel choices. Not so in Vienna. Airport transfer was there to pick us up, quoted 40 euros by email but was 43 in real. Not a big deal but an omen to what was to come. Arrived around 8.30pm to a poor welcome. Surly reception staff . Eventually found the Lift B after passing filthy stained carpets and Fire Exit door propped open to the rear street, not very good for security! We booked a Superior room and was so disappointed by our room. No garden view, stained carpet, broken light by the bed. Too tired to complain, we went to bed to find lumpy, poor quality pillows. The following morning we complained to be told hotel was fully booked and confirmed it was indeed a Superior room. We showed photos of the room and that in our opinion NOT a 4* establishment. Reception said we could move that morning if we wanted to wait but could not confirm if the new room would be a Superior room or be in any better condition. A lose lose situation so we declined and went out to try enjoy our first day in Vienna. Staff not always on reception as too busy smoking in the courtyard. Breakfast was disappointing. Poorly displayed food hidden behind columns and staff not helpful. Too small and was very busy, someone dropped plates of food on the hard floor and staff had to asked to clear the mess! Sent an email to reception to share our disappointment which was acknowledged on check out but not in writing. Was told the manager would be informed. I reiterated I was not after a refund but thought the management should know how poor the quality of the rooms and corridors were and should be inspected more frequently. Reception assured me she would get the manager to respond, I am still waiting over a week later. We left to travel to Prague by train, to our next 4* establishment, The Imperial, oh my what a difference!! Excellent customer service, clean lovely Hotel and treated like Royalty. And for the same ££.

Room tip: Avoid. Has to better hotels than this in Vienna.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bignic2012
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

Decent location on a quiet side street along Mariahilferstrasse. I remember when the hotel was first built, then went out of business and purchased by the ANA chain...

Rooms are decent size, furnishings are in reasonable shape. The beds were firm and comfortable.

While they tout themselves as having the best breakfast in Vienna, it is a pretty average continental breakfast arrangement.

Nothing special, but for what I paid, the accommodations were relatively cheap...

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank forwarddeployed
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel but was told it was full when i reached the hotel. The staff sent me to another Arthotel called Enzian hotel which is lower star rating(3star basic hotel)which is very far from the original Boutique six hotel i get charged for.

The hotel room i was relocated to was lower rating, outdated , small and dark. It was also away from shopping street. Enzian hotel staff was also rude and passed a remark'you dont have to stay here if you dont want to!'

As a frequent world traveller, this was the worst hotel scam i had come across.this hotel basically charged you for a 4 star hotel then send you to a 3star hotel which doesnt look anything like what you paid for.and they refused to partially refund for what you paid for.

Do not book this hotel unless you dont mind this scam.i am sharing this information here because i dont want other travellers to suffer the same scam.

Hotel Leonardo is a better choice of hotel if you are looking for alternative in vienna. It is nearer to Westbanhof train station and reliable.
Please see the photo below from Enzian hotel which i was sent to. As you can see, the room is so dark and small. Yet, i was charged the original 4star hotel.

#avoidscam