“Central Apartments Vienna”

Ranked #36 of 195 Specialty Lodging in Vienna
Virginia
“Central Apartments Vienna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2007

I am an American university professor and this is the third time i've visited Vienna, previously staying in hotels. But this time i was on sabbatical and so spent a month, staying in Central Apartments Vienna. I know they lease for as short as 3 days, but i was staying 30 days so wanted more than a hotel room. this place has 4 large rooms and a bath.

CAV is a well-maintained, apartment complex located near the central Vienna district , one block from the NachtMarkt, large open market with fresh foods, etc., and a few blocks from the palace, opera house, cathedral , museaums, etc. . And a regular Billa grocery store for regular items. I chose it cause it is a 30 minute walk to the University where I was a Visiting Scholar.

The manager , Mr. Voshmgir, is very professional and attentive. I originally found him on the web and from the start he was prompt and attentive in emails, details, etc.. He arranged the cab from the airport and met me at the apt. on Sat., showed me around apt. and surrounding area so I got my bearings. While here, he was available via cell phone and helpful in several details, recommending sights, directions, etc.. Yet he was unobtrusive and respected our privacy. It cost less than a good hotel but was much more spacious. I was amazed when my family came to join me for a few days that all four of us were comfortable in the apt (after our large house), because the rooms are large, high-ceilings, and well arranged, with folding out beds in the living room. It is a "turnkey" setup with all dishes, linens, appliances, utensils, computer, washers,tv, cd player. Just like home. Trash disposal is convenient and the apt is cleaned very well (including linens) every week.

I felt safe in the building and area. Nearby are some excellent cafes and resturants (3 blocks down Meulgasse I recommend Resturant Belgrade, esp. the garden section). If I were staying in Vienna more than a night or two I would prefer this arrangement to a hotel.It has a homey feeling, with nice wood floors and Persian rugs. Just as a matter of personal taste, i dont like modern art, but some of the paintings in the apt are traditional.

I'll definitely stay here in future trips to Vienna.

6 Thank jefferson33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2007

This was our second stay at 6 Muehlgasse, and both stays were pleasant and enjoyable. The other reviewers have detailed all the amenities. For us, the location of the apartment was most important, 1 block from the Naschmarkt, 11 minutes from the Staatsoper, close to the U-Bahn, and in the middle of a number of very satisfactory restaurants. The high-speed internet kept us in touch with home and our friends. The completely equipped kitchen let us eat breakfasts, and occasional lunches and dinners in the apartment. Mr Voshmgir, the owner, was helpful throughout our stays, arranging having us met and taken to the airport, suggesting restaurants and banks, and telling us how to get to various places in the city. We will stay here when we next visit Vienna, and can recommend the apartment wholeheartedly.

• Liked — Location, friendly service from owner, facilities
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank millicoma
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

I stayed at a Central Apartments location in Vienna in late May
and had a wonderful experience! The apartment had 2 bedrooms, and another sleeping space in the living room.
The furnishings and appliances were modern and comfortable.
There was even a washer and dryer, and a computer with internet access. The apartment was advertised as being a 5 minute walk to the opera house-- and so it was! Everything
we wanted to see was in walking distance, and the underground
was near by for the farther out attractions. The host was very
gracious, and picked us up at the train station when we arrived,
and took us back after our stay. The price was very reasonable
in comparison to hotels in Vienna-- I'd highly recommend these
apartments!

2 Thank Ttrek
East Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2007

My wife and I were extremely pleased with the apartment owner assistance, our 8-night full accommodations, and the great location of the apartment. We were able to locate and make reservations with the apartment via the internet. The owner arranged taxi pickup at the airport. In addition, after explaining via internet exchanges with the owner of the apartment, that I needed 4-more evening lodgings (my wife returned home while I remained in Vienna) the owner explained that though his apartment was booked for the additional evenings he offered to find good hotel accommodations for me near to the apartment - he did! Following my stay at the apartment, the owner notified me of valuables I had left in the apartment lock safe - even more he was gracious to bring the valuables to me at the hotel. All of that above assistance was excellent and much appreciated.

The apartment was roomy (separate bath/shower/sink with cloths washer & dryer, separate toilet and sink room, nice double bed room with closet space, fully equipped kitchen, combination dining living/sitting room ), was in excellent condition, and had very good accommodations (e.g., CD player, radio, DVD player, TV, internet connection). The location of our apartment was great - accross the street from the Naschmarkt, easy walking distance (~two short blocks) to the main subway station (U1) with direct routes through the city of Vienna and outlying sites/areas, easy transfer to the airport and direct route to my area of business in UNO City.

This stay was one of the best vacation/busines arrangements I have had in my 35+ year career of travel.

• Liked — For our purposes - everything
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank EastTennesseeHoppy
northern california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

We stayed here for 10 days following a tour of Eastern Europe. It was perfect, very clean and very comfortable. The provided computer is a real plus as were were able to email from right there. So is the washer and dryer. Beds were extremely comfortable. Location was really nice, the Naschmarkt is practically outside the door. We enjoyed shopping it for simple meals we cooked at the apartment, it was a nice change after 3 weeks of eating every meal out. There is a grocery store nearby as well. It is a quick walk to central Vienna and close to the underground. We will definitly stay there again when we go to Vienna.

Mr Voshmgir , the owner, is very helpful, met us when we got to the apartment to show us how everything worked, showed us where things were in the neighborhood and checked in with us later in our stay to make sure all was well. Very nice. Highly recommended.

• Liked — comfort, convenience, room to spread out, being a temporary local!!
  • Disliked — can't think of a negative
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank zimms4golf
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

In June of 2006, we spent two wonderful weeks at Muehlgasse No.6, Apt. #12 in Vienna. The apartment is owned by Central Apartments Vienna. This appears to be a one man operation so we dealt directly with the owner, Mr. Voshmgir. He told us that before starting Central Apartments Vienna he owned a local hotel. He was obviously very experienced dealing with guests and had a level of service much higher than the typical apartment operator. His good command of English was an added bonus.
The apartment itself was clean, in good condition, and fulfilled the promises on the website. There were many thoughtful extra features such as a computer with internet access and a music system. The apartment was air conditioned and the building had an elevator. The location was excellent and was within walking distance of most tourist sites. We have previously rented apartments in Paris and Venice, but this was our best experience by far. Usually, everything is good except for a few things. In this case, however, everything was perfect!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2006

I have stayed in one of the Central Apartments Vienna for two years in a row now. The first was a studio apt. across from the Naschmarkt, the second around the corner in the top floor apartment. In both instances I was overwhelmingly satisfied. The owners and rental agents, Mr. & Mrs. Voshmgir are helpful, friendly and competent. The furnishings are very adequate and include just about everything one needs particularly for longer stays, it is a superb location in Vienna, and above all there's high speed Internet access from the apt. PC. I would not hesitate to stay there again and indeed plan to in 2007.

• Stayed December 2005