“Worked for us”

Central Apartments Vienna
Ranked #37 of 222 Specialty Lodging in Vienna
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very clean. Basic furnishings. It was nice to have a washing machine on our trip. The apartment lacked finishing touches like reading lamps in the living room that could have made it more comfortable. I would recommend the apartments if you know your way around Vienna, but would not recommend self-catering if you are new to the city as you really are on your own.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom that faced the street. It was fine with the windows closed, but noisy wi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have been to Vienna several times over a number of years and stayed in a variety of hotels. Last year I stayed in the Central Apartments Vienna for a week in early Spring. I liked it so much that I stayed there again this year. The location is great, within a few minutes walk of the Karlsplatz U-Bahn station, and very close to the local market and a small supermarket. The street is reasonably quiet, with a small amount of outside noise at night. The building isn't particularly attractive, and the lift slow, but I used the stairs anyway. The apartment was great. Even though there was only one of me I had a big one bedroom apartment on the top floor, No 18 both times. It was great for me being "vertically optimised", but anyone who is vertically challenged (tall) would tend to hit their head in the kitchen, and should chose one without a sloping kitchen ceiling. I loved it because it was sunny and warm and I like the dormer windows. The apartment is well equipped with a washing machine/clothes dryer, well equipped kitchen and free fast internet. The owners are very helpful, and there are plenty of places to eat in the surrounding streets, although buying food in the local market and cooking it is great fun, feels like being a local. This is not a hotel, it is an apartment, so don't expect hotel-type services, but because it is an apartment you get so much more.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Glyn T
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The apartment was huge! There is a seperate bedroom, a seperate kitchen/eating area, a seperate living room, a seperate toilet, and a seperate bathing room. Not only that, the owner was so organized! They provide an instruction booklet in English for how to operate the washer/dryer, the television, the computer, etc. It was wonderful having access to a washer/dryer so we could pack less clothes and rewear what we brought. The apartment has free Wi-Fi and they provide a computer with free internet. They provide a phone...local calls are free and if anyone calls you from home it's free, plus they have a little machine attached to the phone that keeps track of any international calls you make, and they just ask that you leave money for the charges in an envelope by the phone. Check-in and check-out is super easy...we didn't have to pay a security deposit...we paid in cash (they didn't expect the money right away, they actually gave us a few days to get settled before we paid)...and we didn't have to meet with them before checking out...we just left the keys on the table. Beyond how amazing the aparment itself and the owner were, this apartment is located in a terrific location! It is seconds from the Naschmarkt and a supermarket. We went to the Naschmarkt at least a few times while we were there to eat at the restaurants and go to the Saturday flea market and admire the produce and fish at the farmer's market. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if I visited Vienna again! And to explore the rest of Vienna, the apartment is only a 5-10 minute walk from the Karlsplatz metro station. I can't speak highly enough of this terrific apartment!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank faithdaisy
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This place was really excellent right from the first contact over email, to the arrangements on arrival and the set up and location of the apartment were ideal. My colleague and I were in Vienna for meetings for 5 nights and needed a place that was close to the Diplomatic Academy but also had access to transport to the UN. So this location was perfect, as well as being close to pretty much everything and having the Naschmarkt across the road. The apartment (number 2 on the first floor) was spic and span and well decked out with two separate sleeping areas (a bedroom with balcony and a pulldown bed in the living area). Wireless internet, TVs in bedroom and living area, iPod dock, fully equipped kitchen, it basically felt like you were living there. It also had lots of storage space so you can unpack when you get there, which I always like to do when travelling. I would really recommend this place - it worked out at about 75 EUR per person per night so it was a great deal and extremely comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Had a wonderful time in Vienna staying at the CAV's studio apartment for 1-2 persons. The apartment is well-equipped and so conveniently located. I walked to all the museums and galleries. The supermarket is just below and the Nashmarkt is opposite. As there are many places to dine nearby, you can also eat out. The showers are hot and the heating is excellent too. Thank you very much to the Voshmgir family.

Room Tip: Do bring some trash bags if you are staying longer. There is no sound on the PC so do bring your own...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I took a trip to Vienna with our 15-month old baby girl and rented an apartment from CAV. We were very pleased with the organization, the reception and that all the things were previously requested (baby bed, feeding chair) was all there for us.
The location of the flat is excellent and though it was right in the heart of action (next to Nashmarkt) it was very quiet too.
As I had to cook for my little girl, the kitchen was important. it was well equipped. Everything was else was clean, bedroom very comfortable, bathroom large with a nice shower. I fully recommend the services of CAV to all visiting Vienna!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank GedaDobosyLebor
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My family and I had a great time staying at CAV. We rented two apartments: they were very clean and comfortable. I found the beds to be supremely comfortable and I woke up well rested every morning and ready to explore all the great sights that are so close to these apartments. It is right near all the action. There is a subway station within five minutes walking distance. A great outdoors market and supermarkets are literally right around the corner. There are also nice places to eat just a block away. The Secession building/museum is also just a couple of blocks away. And the center of town is within walking distance too. Not only was my family very pleased with the accommodations, but also the owner, Darius, was very friendly! These accommodations definitely made our trip even better, I highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family