These apartments are conveniently situated near an underground station with easy access to the whole of Vienna.
Although it looks promising, I would not stay here again for the following reasons:
1) they charge your credit card for the full amount of your stay even if you book several months in advance. This happens even though the booking infornation says otherwise! If you need to dispute the transaction (for example, if there is an overbooking or they ceased trading) Mastercard would not allow me to do so after 2 months. So it's risky.
2) the building is VERY noisy. If like me, you do not like the sound of children (of various ages) stamping, running, throwing their toys, roller skating on the floor upstairs from 7.00 in the morning to very late at night, and next door children talking, screaming, and their parents disciplining them until 4.00 in the morning (this was so during my stay at least) THEN this place is certainly not for you.
3) the kitchen consists of a microwave, a kettle, a fridge, a couple of glasses, plates, knives and forks. No cooker, no sink (the kettle hardly fits under the bathroom sink tap and washing up is in the bathroom sink too). So you can't really cook much more than you can in a hotel.
4) the shower head was loose and just hung pointing down. You had to hand shower and could not stand under it. This was pointed out but nobody bothered to come and fix it. I could not find a shop to buy a screwdriver. Anyway, why should I have to fix it. So bad service!!
5) the apartment windows are blinded by a foil that stops people looking in and you looking out. So no views at all.
6) the door from the street is left open all the time. This allows anyone into the building. The door to the apartment itself is just a pine wooden door against a frame and can easily be forced. So I did not leave anything of value in the room when I was not there.
7) I paid 100€ per night. I had offers for hotels for less.
Given all the above, a hotel would have been much better value for me, less noise, breakfast included, someone to fix the shower, and you can't really do much in the way of preparing a meal with just a microwave and a kettle for heat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-run pension provides accommodation units in the second district. The city centre can be reached within a 5-minute walk and the Herminengasse exit of the Schottenring Metro Station (lines U2, U4) is only 150 metres away. All units come with cable TV, and a bathroom with a shower and WC. Each Studio features a basic kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and an electric water heater Free Wi-Fi is provided in all rooms. Daily cleaning is included in the room rate. Towels and beds Shets are includet.St. Stephen’s Cathedral can be reached within a 15-minute walk. Public parking is possible at a location nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pension Tal Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.