“A Vienna favorite”

Bitzinger Wurstelstand Albertina
Ranked #56 of 4,161 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Fast Food, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Inner City
Israel
“A Vienna favorite”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Wuerstelstand could be translated as a hot dog stand, but even though I love my hot dogs, this Viennese gem offers a variety of sausages that are light years away from your typical dog. This is actually another planet. And though there are many excellent wuerstelstands in Vienna, the Biztinger in Albertinaplatz is arguably the best. No visit to this wonderful city should take place without at least one feast at Bitzinger's.
The kiosk offers a large variety of sausages, some more spicy than others, served either in bite sized chunks with bread and mustard or "hot dog" style in a terrific bun. Just point at what looks best to you or get everything explained by the efficient and friendly staff. Wash everything down with a great selection of beer, wines, champagne or just plain soft drinks.
Albertinaplatz is right in the center of things with the Opera, the famous Sacher Hotel and the amazing Kaertnerstrasse pedestrian street and much more just meters away. Bitzinger will offer you a delicious break in the midst of tourist nirvana.

• Visited January 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great value in a popular spot. ”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

After a long morning in the Albertina my group and I were hungry but wanted to avoid the overpriced and touristy restaurants in the area and bitzinger was perfect. They even had heating lamps alongside the eating area around the side of the stand. We sampled five of the vursts at this stand and all were delicious. We pointed to three that appealed to us so I only know that one was the curryvurst (delish!) but they had a very decent variety of 6-7 vursts to choose from. All came with katsup, mustard and a slice of bread. Definitely recommended if you're in the area but I wouldnt trek across the city just to eat here.

“Great”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited after going to street market and St Peters cathedral. 15 euro for two brats and drinks. Really tasty! Server spoke English so that was nice for us.

London, Canada
“Worth a visit, or two, or three... "Freizeit ist Wurstzeit!"”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I tried a couple of other wurstelstands while visiting Vienna, but I returned to the Bitzinger Wurstelstand Albertina for its convenient location and excellent food. Though I knew enough German to fake my way through an order, I couldn't help but overhear the staff patiently explain the differences between the various types of wurst, which I found very useful myself.

I particularly enjoyed their currywurst, which was served with their own curry sauce, in addition to the customary curry powder. The spicy and smoked sausages were also delicious, and I found myself returning for a snack before my tour of the Vienna State Opera and after a concert at the Musikverein. Delicious anytime of the day.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Arun K
“Great value for money , worth a visit..”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ok , its a cantine that has hot dogs and wurstel.

The quality of its products is great..
Great choice of beers plus champagne ??!!

Worth a visit

Even Vienna's residents go there to eat...

Average 8-10 euros per person with beer..

Visited December 2012