“Very nice, above expectation!”

Austria Trend Hotel Beim Theresianum
Ranked #88 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Oslo, Norway
“Very nice, above expectation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

For the 50 euros I paid I got much more than expected!
Friendly staff, quick check in (reservation thru hotels.com), clean lobby.
Nice room on 5th floor - not too noisy even it it was facing the street.
The room was well cleaned, the bed was nice, matress good.

Did not eat breakfast - but it did smell nice!
Good fast check out.

I did not manage to connect to the internet, but truth to be told I was too tired to try very hard...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HedvigOslo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

the room was clean and comfortable, very modern and new. Well furnished.
A little bit cold though.
about 3 minutes walk from the subway station exit.
two supermarkets on the other side of the road.
EXCELLENT breakfast. fesh vegetables and fruits. many kinds of breads, honey, jam, cheese to choose from, all of them with good quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sallahB
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here on a return trip to Vienna, having previously stayed at a hotel in the Innere Stadt. I appreciated being able to walk to the Belvedere and the hotel's proximity to the U-Bahn. The area is quiet at night, which is good for resting, less so if you're looking for nightlife, but I had no complaints.

The luggage check room is situated on the main lobby, but is unlocked and unattended, so I had some misgivings about leaving my suitcase, etc. there on the day of my departure, but I encountered no problems.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Arun K
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

The metro station is situated at 50m. In order to reach it you have to turn right when you go out from the hotel.
If you turn left, the metro station will be at about 5 minutes walk on the same sidewalk.
In fron of the hotel,on the other side of the road there are two supermarkets.
Nearby there is a small family restaurant where you can eat a good meal(the reception desk will help you).
Breakfast was a surprise for me - it was very good and included things you usually don't find to eat in such hotels - no sugar cereals, a lot of seeds, fruits etc
In every room there is free wi fi. The connection was good/decent most of the time.
To Stephanplatz you go only three stations in about 10-15 minutes. Very close there is the Belvedere Palace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank snakebyte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked here for new year's,was quite easy to get here, room was nice and clean.
It's a shame that the free "wifi" was poor and unstable...I managed to get online just the very last day! Moreover, tried to talk to the manager to solve an issue on my booking, but I've never been able to talk to him and explain my problem.
It's a shame 'cause I'd come back here, but next time I'll book another hotel anyway.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Raven84f
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

In a nutshell: Decent place to lay your head at night, after taking advantage of its central location.
We stayed in this establishment for 3 nights on mid December 2012:
- Hotel amenities: Room (1705) had a real double bed(!) not the usual 2 singles; shower was OK (quite small for my size). Pillows were bad - your usual hollowfiber type.. my personal enemy-of-life. Free WiFi - I value this one! Elevator is quite small. I would guess that during high season, you might find yourself waiting for it for quite a while. This is not a very good thing when you have 6 floors.. Breakfast was decent and adequate: eggs (2 types), bacon, cheese, ham, yogurt + cerials (various types), bread (various types), and a small selection of vegetables (typical of central Europe). Service was OK only - some staff with very poor English and quite a loud voice.
- Location: Very good! a few minutes walk from 2 U-stations + quite central bus and train in terminal Sudtirolerplaatz. Two supermarkets right across the street, about 10 minutes walk will get you to Karlplaatz and the Opera house. There is also a very good Italian restaurant just outside, left of the hotel (when facing it), called "La Favorita Pizzeria Palace". Try it!
To conclude - we enjoyed our stay there. We don't see the hotel as a highlight when traveling, we prefer site-seeing and hiking, however - it should be a decent hotel, and the Beim Theresianum is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BAWonTA
Valencia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and me spent two days of our holidays in Vienna, staying at this hotel.

We didn't have long time in the hotel, cause we used our time touring the city (by the way, amazing one at Christmas time), but we were very comfortable there, getting a nice rest. Is near by walk of all the places. Actually, the hotel met our expectations.

We were pleasantly surprised by the treatment received at the reception, especially of the blonde girl who was covering the evening shift.

That night we moved to the city of Bratislava to spend one more night there and finish our vacation, taking an early morning flight from Vienna to Madrid. The girl, in perfect English and with a very nice character, helped us to find the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to complete our holidays.
She was very interested looking up in internet and even a phone call, the way back from Bratislava, to avoid us any problem going to Vienna's airport at that "special" time.
She provided us some handwritten notes, which served us as a total help in Bratislava, where English is not a so common language, and there names are quite complicated.

We define this girl at the reception as "the angel of our trip".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple