“just what you want”

Ranked #17 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“just what you want”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was friendly and also helpful with days out or tickets for concerts etc., very clean, breakfast was better than average but more inportant it was in a very good position. Close to the Danube canal with all the restaurants and for picking up trips on the river. the underground entrance was opposite the hotel . The line was U1 which went into the heart of Vienna and within one stop connected to a host of other lines. The Prater park with its amusements and rides and big wheel was about 5 minutes walk away

Room Tip: ask for the top floor facing the back, so quiet. Rooms had a small lobby and by shutting the door a...
2 Thank lynden33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel is clean and spacious. The buffet breakfast is very nice. There is no air-conditioning. The staff is nice, but in a perfunctory way. On several occasions I was given misleading information by the staff which led to disappointments. They are a little skimpy with the toiletries. The hotel is on a quiet street and within walking distance from the center of town (Stephen’s Dome and the main shopping street). I did not like the fact that I was asked to include a tip just before I was given the bill at check out. If you are looking for a place to sleep every night..great you found it. If you are looking for a place to feel welcome and appreciated..well..that is a different story. Will I stay here again? Maybe, but with lower expectations.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have air conditioning, so make sure that the fans are functional. They have some...
3 Thank Vinode C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for business and I have to say I was very impressed. The location is great, it's about a 15 minute walk to the main square (where the cathedral is) and a 5 minute walk to the theme park.
The hotel is very clean and run very professionally. The staff all spoke perfect English and the breakfast was very nice with a wide choice.
On my way to the hotel at the airport I dropped my laptop and smashed the screen, I informed the hotel of this when I checked in and they arranged for a spare monitor to be supplied to my room, you can't beat that for service.
I would definitely go back to this hotel next time I visit Vienna.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bensayers
DC
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am sure there are other great hotels in Vienna, but every time I go back to Vienna, I do not look for another hotel. I already found one that offers exactly what I need - security, comfort, great location, homey feeling, great service and great food.

I visit Vienna twice a year for work. This hotel was recommended to me by a friend and was also on a list of hotels recommended my my client in Vienna. Few years ago, I stayed there for the first time. I really liked the fact that it is in a walking distance from the center of the city, that a metro entrance is literary across from the hotel's door, that the rooms are spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The staff is very pleasant, knowledgeable about the city, always ready to help, even if I needed help in the middle of the night.

I always make a reservation for a standard room, and on 90% of my visits, I got an upgrade.
I have stayed at the hotel probably about 8 times already (usually 4-5 nights) and while planning my next trip in October, I do not even think I need to look for another hotel. It is just like going home. Staff seems to be that same, same faces, same smiles. I know I am secure and welcomed there, and with the convenience of location, great hospitality and food, I am so happy to go back.

I hope you enjoy staying at Hotel Capri as much as I do.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AlkaVA
Astana, Kazakhstan
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at the hotel at the beginning of August for three nights. We are a family of six, with children ages 5 to 14.

We booked the family room which was two adjoining rooms with a single shared entrance. This was an ideal setup for us as we could lock the exterior door but leave the other doors open so that we could go back and forth. Both rooms were large and we had no problems with four children sleeping in the one room. The rooms were clean and in excellent condition, both having relatively large washrooms.

A cold breakfast was included with a wide variety of choices including cereals, bread, cold cuts, cheese and other options. My wife and I especially appreciated the choices of tea.

The hotel is located very close to a subway station as well as a train station. When we went into the central part of Vienna, we had an easy walk.

The staff of the hotel were very welcoming. We arrived early but the staff made an extra effort to allow us to check-in early. We also had a late flight and the staff allowed us to check-out late and keep our luggage until we were ready to leave. The staff were also very good with the children, and giving suggestions on things to do in the city.

I would happily recommend this hotel to any family traveling with young children, and look forward to staying at this hotel the next time we pass through Vienna.

1 Thank prenns
TLV
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a very comfortable stay, plenty of space, clean rooms, convenient location, easy parking, right next to local transport, fresh breakfast and very helpful staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone who asks.

1 Thank Gabi K
Malta
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just spent six nights at the Capri Hotel. We had a lovely double room (ensuite) fitted out with modern furniture and facilities, including a flat screen TV, small fridge, safe, hairdryer and a very comfortable double bed. The room was spotlessly clean on arrival and was cleaned daily. Breakfast at the Hotel Capri is not to be missed! It is a buffet breakfast with a good amount of items to choose from and they have a very good coffee machine that makes a great espresso, capucchino, macchiato etc. The hotel is just a few metres away from the U1 Nestroyplatz underground station and with just one stop you're in the city centre on one side and at the Prater area on the other side. So it has a great location. The hotel staff was very helpful throughout our stay and they speak good English, so we could communicate quite well. There is no a/c in the rooms but there was a stand fan and it was quite sufficient, even in the August heat, to get a good sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inner courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple