“Great service and great room”
Review of Pension Hargita

Pension Hargita
Ranked #285 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The service was outstanding and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great location and kind faces! I would recommend a stay for the convenient location and for the staff which tries its best to please the customers!!! 5 out of 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: I got room 3 if I remember correctly - very clean and quite if you close the windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JamesSethAdcock

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very close to the subway and only a few minutes from the city center. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Street noise can be a problem and I advise against traveling during a heat wave (no aircon!).

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 629john_9876
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights at this pension. I chose it because it was recommended in The lonely planet book.
The pension is well located in relation to te town centre. There is plenty of shops around, cafes and also fashion shops.
The room that I got was facing the main road. I'm a light sleeper and therefore the noise was horrible for me. The problem was that I had to leave the window open overnight because the room gets quite warm and they do not have aircon.
I asked for a room with toilet and shower and the room and bathroom were quite clean and tidy. I also included breakfast and paid $5 per day for it. I was quite dissapointed after the firt day as I was offered the same breakfast every single day after: bread, boiled eggs, ham and cheese and cofee (or tea)
When I checked out I asked the staff member to remind me the sum I need to pay. I didn't get a receipt in the spot apparently b aide the accountant was not in that day so the staff member offered me to send the receipt by email. When I received the receipt, a day later or so, I realised that they had charged me more that what was originally quoted. In general I have to say in dissapointed about my expirience at the pension. Very sad indeed as it was recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ecopao
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've just returned from a one night stay at Pension Hargita. I had high hopes when I reserved as the person I spoke to sounded friendly and welcoming, the pictures on the website looked great and for 40 euros for the night I thought I was doing pretty well - admittedly this was without breakfast and the room did not have its own toilet and shower.

The Pension's location was fine for me - about a 15 minute work to the centre of Vienna or via the metro which is at the end of the street.

The room I had was really nicely decorated and was very comfortable. It faced on to the street which got me a bit worried about street noise - in the end this was not at all a problem for me but it might make sense to ask for a room which faces away from the street if you can. The room and shared facilities were all gleaming.

The real problem was the service. When I arrived I got an odd look when I said I didn't have enough cash on me to pay for the room in advance. When I said I was happy to get some cash that evening they made a comment about how I might just run off without paying! This might have been lost in translation and I was prepared to forgive this on the basis that it was an isolated event. I just paid there and then by card.

When I headed out that evening I met a different member of staff and asked if they could knock on my door at 09:30 in the morning if I hadn't checked out by then - there were quite severe instructions on the wall saying that if you hadn't left your room by 10:00 they would charge you another night. I explained I was very tired and had no clock on me so might sleep late by accident. Given that my room was about 10 metres from the office I didn't think this was hugely unreasonable but again I got a look like I'd asked them to spin some gold for me!

As it was I woke up with plenty of time so there was no problem. I explained the next day that I had to print out my boarding pass for my flight and asked if I could do this. A third member of reception staff (who spoke a bit more English) explained that I would have to e-mail a link to his PC which was in the room next to the one where the PC available for guest use was located. The airline I was flying with (you will know which one) does not provide a link for the boarding pass so I had to try to save it as a PDF and e-mail that (to the PC in the next room). After 15 minutes of trying and various members of staff watching me struggle I asked the member of staff what I could do. He repeated that I had to send a link and that was the only way to do it (it didn't seem occur to him that I could just use his PC for five minutes). He got me to show him various e-mails I had received from the airline (none of which contained a link) and finally said it was impossible. This was incredibly frustrating but I could not face an argument so just sorted it in five minutes at an internet café I chanced across.

Finally I left my bag at the Pension and was told they would be in all day. When I returned I rang for about five minutes getting more and more worried about airport connections before someone came to the main door and explained that something was broken - I'm not sure what.

All in all this had the potential of being a great stay but the experience was marred by the staff who were completely indifferent. I think if you just need a pleasant room and nothing more then this remains a good choice but just make sure you don't need the staff to help with anything!

Room Tip: Try to get a room which doesn't face on to the main street (Mariahilfer Strasse).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in June for 4 days, single room number 15 (if I remember right), second floor.

Everything was OK.
The only thing that maybe I didnt like much that Wifi in my room wasnt working very well to call Skype, for emails and fb, etc it was OK.
Also I didnt know that when I enter hotel, I need to go on rounded stairs on the first floor where the administration was. And my room was on the second floor.
I think these are the only moments, that I didnt like much. Also maybe that there was no breakfast.
Now positive moments: price, location!!! (just the building near metro station). I could return to hotel any time a day.
The nearest City bike station is about 15 min. walk from the hotel (near Museum Quarter).
If u plan ur trip on weekend, this hotel is also very ok, cause in weekend subway works all night, so u dont need to hire a taxy, u just come by metro home, any hour u want.
Actually my impression about this hotel is very positive. The staff was very friendly, they asked me to pay cash.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at Hargita Pension with my family in a 3+1 bed-room in June 2013. The pension has an excellent, central location, a friendly, helpful and flexible staff, the place is clean overall and they offer a very good breakfast. The extra bed for my younger daughter and the breakfast for both children were free of charge. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially to families with children. The room was of small size but had all the comfort you need during your stay. Á. Vinczeffy, Hungary

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Agota V
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is the perfect place for people looking for a solid value in Vienna and don't mind tackling a very convenient public transportation system. Hargita is located a bit outside the city center but is conveniently right on the U3 line which will take you straight to the center of town in 5 min. Our room was very clean and bright, and the bathroom was immaculate. Some might find the room small, but it was plenty of space for a couple.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple