“Nice, clean with friendly staff and well situated in the centre”
Review of Pension Hargita

Pension Hargita
Ranked #243 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
“Nice, clean with friendly staff and well situated in the centre”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If we ever come back to Wien, we now know where to stay. Nice and clean rooms. Friendly staff. Generous breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at a double room in this pension. The rooms are clean, good value and the location is good in the shopping district about a 20 min walk to the centre. The service though is average I wasn't able to get any useful advice from staff on attractions to see in Vienna or local restaurants. Vienna is also a very expensive city. When you have Bratislava , Budapest and Czech republic nearby I would spend less time in Vienna and more time in eastern Europe which is so much more value for money

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank TonyRobert
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We only stayed one night but we were happy with our choice. The location was very convenient and our double room was clean (though tiny!). And of course you can't beat the price. We did not do the breakfast but went to a coffee shop instead.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happy T
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights an we were really satisfied. The rooms, although tiny, were very clean and comfortable; good and generous breakfast.
We enjoyed the most the location (5 meters from Mariahilfe, 30 seconds from the metro station) and the staff (friendly and helpful, thank you Magda!)
It is indeed a good place to stay in Vienna, in the center, close to the Museums Quartier and other points of interest and at a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
California
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed here last weekend in a single private room (so I had my own bathroom). The room is typically European = tiny, but it was clean and comfortable. The location is fantastic: right in front of the metro stop Zieglergasse, with loads of shops and cafes. However, all the cafes close around 6pm and you have to hunt for restaurants that are still open. They don't have free wi-fi, but there is a public computer with Internet in the registration room. I didn't find free wi-fi anywhere in Vienna, though I refrained from going to Starbucks. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If your room is facing the main street, there could be some noise from the traffic below. As long as...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank apu_gal98
Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We found this budget option at 68 Euro a night a good one for Vienna. The rooms are dorm-style and ours had twin beds. A subway stop is very nearby so you can be in the Stephansplatz area in minutes. The hotel is within walking distance of the major museums. We also found a convenient laundromat very near-by. We paid extra for breakfast one morning but with so many other options in the neighborhood, we wouldn't recommend paying additional for breakfast. They only replace towels and sheets if your stay is more than 3 days.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank marsle
London
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I've stayed at the Pension Hargita several times and this is my first review. When I first stayed there several years ago I wanted a place that had a great location, is safe, clean works on a budget.

Firstly the Location is amazing. Literally on top of the U-bahn ( 4 stops to Stephansplatz - the centre of the city), or a 15-20min walk. Also in the other direction a 5-10 min walk to westbahnhof, where the trams leave for the Schonbrunn Palace. The Pension is located along Mariahilferstrasse, the 'Oxford Street' of Vienna which makes walking into town a great opportunity to go shopping. If you are planning to have a lazy day then the noise from the road could be an issue but we were usually up early anyway to go sightseeing so this was never an issue. As far as things to do locally there is the Sieben Stern Brewery located about 10mins walk away, an amazing Italian ice cream shop just below the pension, and if all else fails an English Cinema just across the street. There are several supermarkets close by - a Hoffer (Aldi) across the street, Zielpunkt around the corner and the more upmarket Billa a short walk towards the station or town. Also on Sundays, which is well known for all shops to be closed there is a supermarket open at westbahnhoff.

In all honestly the rooms are pretty basically kitted out, but for 50 - 60 Euro a night I wasn't expecting much in a city as expensive as Vienna. There is free internet however, which is a little slow but ok for browsing and if you sit in the main reception area you can make a skype call with no problems.

One thing is to pay cash, apparently they do accept cards but I've never tried. As I was on a budget I preferred it this way as I knew that everything was paid for.

As for the breakfast - some advice. Just get some food at the supermarket or the bakery 'Der Mann' located about 1min walk towards town There you can get a good breakfast sandwich for 2-3Euro.

All in all I am continuing to stay here as it works perfectly for me and my partner.

Room Tip: Room 6 - On the corner of the main floor so you get two sets of windows, really light. Its the room...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple