“Basic hotel”

Ranked #303 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Sydney, Australia
“Basic hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed during work trip. The location is very close to my company office and a short drive to the city centre. The room is clean and the hotel area is very quiet at night. The interior is very basic (bed, pillow, blanket, desk). Breakfast is ok, offering varieties of food. The hotel itself have a big garden area which looks nice to stroll along.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MS86SS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall the hotel makes a good impression, the rooms are spacious and clean, the bathroom was big enough for two women to keep their make-up tools. However, there were little, annoying things like no bottled water in the rooms and free wifi that was congested all the time. Plus for nice service at the reception desk - very friendly, helpful and polite. Breakfast was really nice too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kasiuleczek
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here last week for a business trip. Overall it was very average. Plus points were the food, breakfast is ok too, the chef is obviously better than the venue. Negative points - terrible customer service, rude front desk staff who were inefficient and did not care that you were the paying customer. Now if I get down to the nitty gritty _ the towels were shocking and no free water. I have to stay in hotels 15-20 nights a month and I would say that this hotel is worth €65 a night at best.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JT S
Michael W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write us your impressions on your stay. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you, that the rude behaviour of our front office staff is definetly not our normal standard and our Front Office Manager is already working on improving this.
Hopefully you will give us a second chance to show you that we can do better.
Director of Sales&Catering

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Riedisheim, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Well it wasn't my first visit to the kind city of Vienna and I said myself that an hotel a bit far, although by metro it wasn't the case, from downtown Vienna could be something within an average score of comfort. Well I was wrong; this hotel merits its 4-star category, even for french standards. I can just would like an "artistic" touch in the lobby and well this is really something not important, outside deco could be improved. However the most important the quality and equipment of rooms is more than an average. Everything was clean, functional, modern and with a lot of place. I got a big room with a balcon that allow a nice view to the periphery of Vienna. I went to downtown Vienna by car and metro and both were quite easy. By metro U6 then U3 and your are at your destination to visit this elegant city. The staff, mostly young adults were simply great. I was more than surprised by the quality of the breakfast, the large choice of austrian bread, fruits, cheese and great croissants. And what about the quality/cost ratio ; well from a room under 100 euros is more than convenient. I strongly recommend this place. I was in the Gartenhotel Hotel 2, so my opinion is in connection with this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write your impressions on your stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel. Our housekeeping manager was already thinking about improving the decoration outside the hotel, which will be done by the beginning of next year (as it is by now a little bit too late to start with new plants).
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in our hotel.
Director of Sales&Marketing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My stay at Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf was a great pleasure. The only minus was - anyway for my part it was a big minus - that the hotel's fitness facilities were very poor. Their gym contained a few cardio machines and a pair of 1.5 kg dumbbells and some yoga mats. I needed to keep a train schedule during my stay, which was almost impossible. Of course, I could have contacted the hotel and asked what they made ​​available, so that must be my recommendation to future guests to do so if needed!

In addition, a few minor minuses:
- Iron and ironing board can not be borrowed / rented, so ironing of shirts can only be done by using the hotel's laundry service. Here, however, prices are reasonable and ironed shirts are returned quickly.
- Upon arrival, the toilet bin was not emptied since the former guest's departure.
- Used glass was left on the bathroom table. It was probably an oversight, as those I was traveling with had their glasses changed by the cleaning staff.

That said, the stay was as mentioned a great pleasure! The hotel staff provided a fantastic service, cleaning staff were flexible and the room was spacious, nice and comfortable furnished. I can also recommend a walk in their park or a pint at the bar, where the service was friendly and pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park are quite cozy - almost romantic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Michael W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to tell us the impressions of your stay. I am very sorry that the gym did not meet your expectations and your needs. We are currently working on a concept to improve the gym, this should be done in the next few weeks. Unfortunately for fire security reasons we are not allowed to provide irons for the guest rooms, but I am glad to hear that our laundry service worked to your full satisfaction. I am very sorry that our housekeeping department has overseen a few things in your room, our housekeeping manager has already improved the trainings for the chambermaids that such things will not happen in the future.
Our staff was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed their service so much.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again in the future to show you our improvments.
Warnsveld, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Though the rooms are not too big, they provide all you need for a coupl of nights in Vienna. Nights are quiet in this area of the city. Breakfast is abundant. Staff are friendly and willing to answer any question you have. Good price-quality.

Room Tip: Backside is most quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to forward us youtr feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and I do hope that we are able to welcome you again in the future.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Two night stay as part of a 8 day tour with Just Go Holidays. Check in fine-room excellant,large with huge bathroom and balcony shared with one other room. Dinner was served in a two part room and not the ideal situation, We were a group and all had the dinner at the same time.Buffet style. Second night we had to go across the road to another hotel to have our dinner.
Breakfast everyone had to sit at tables for our group and thge gead waitress kept getting annoyed because we did not . Nice garden with pool.Just sat there with drinks-lovely.

Room Tip: No air conditioning in rooms-they dont have them we were inforrmed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear guest,

first of all I want to thank you for your feedback, which is very much appreciated. I am very happy that you enjoyed the room in our hotel and would like to excuse in the name of our whole staff for the bad service at the breakfast. Please be assured that we are trying to find a solution for the seating that rthis will not happen again.