My wife and I just finished a 12 day 30th Anniversary Trip to Europe (Prague, Vienna and Budapest). We tend to stay at places that are 3 to 4 stars as we usually do not need pampering. However, we do expect a nice bed, comfortable room, hot shower and decent service. The Hotel Alstadt met and exceeded all of these expectations. MOST IMPORTANTLY: The service was 5 stars. Every service person associated with the front desk, breakfast and room service went beyond the call of duty to be friendly, take the time to help you, and make the stay a great one.
Other Highlights of Positives:
1. Room was large and nice (we stayed in a classic room)
2. Front Desk provided a nice convenient card with recommended restaurants including local map which saved us from figuring it out.
3. Breakfast was outstanding (fresh fruit, great coffee, cappucino, etc)
4. They actually had hand towels in bathroom!
My only recommendation is to have a ledge put in the showers for soap, shampoo, etc. They provided trays but this was a little ackward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of the city’s 7th district and next to Vienna's Museumsquarter, behind the splendid façade of an old patrician house, one finds the Hotel Altstadt Vienna. Since its opening in 1991 the stylish 4-star hotel has been a favourite hideaway for art-lovers, design aficionados and cultural insiders. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Altstadt Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadt Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Altstadt Hotel Vienna
- Vienna Altstadt Hotel