“Anton Best Waiter Ever”

Ribs of Vienna
Ranked #23 of 4,161 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Central European, Grill
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: "RIBS OF VIENNA" is situated in the very center of Vienna, only a few steps from the famous cathedral St. Stephens. We are well known for spareribs and steaks. Of course we serve typical Austrian food and vegetarian dishes as well. A subwaystation is near by. Our friendly staff speaks besides german also english, russian and polish. Come and share this great experience. Reservation is required.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anton Best Waiter Ever”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went here with 3 buddies for a manly ribs meal. Got exactly what we wanted. Must get the sesame ribs. Anton the waiter made our meal.

1 Thank TheExplorerD

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and even better people”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was travelling in Austria and found myself in this restaurant. We wanted ribs and thats what they delivered. So many delicious ribs!
After some amazing local wine which was suggested from the knowledgeable staff, we left for our hotel.

In the morning I awoke and noticed I had lost my wallet the night before. I started searching the room frantically with no luck.
I did have an Austrian sim card in my phone and the number just happened to be in my wallet.
The owners found my wallet in the restaurant called me and returned it !
I thought I was screwed, but the honourable people of this establishment helped out a lowly canadian skier.
I highly recommend stopping in for dinner and thanks again !

1 Thank stumpy21
Versailles, France
“very nice for young people”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

excellent food. the room in the underground is nice but very noisy overcrowded with stong modern music. For eldery like I am the room on ground floor is more quiet but with less charm.

1 Thank coulapic7
Kiev, Ukraine
“4 hours in the downtown”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I with my colleague were going back to home and had got possibility to spend really short time in Vienna. We wanted to have quick lunch and then have short walk (run) through the downtown. We went to side street from Karnten Strasse took couple of blocks and randomly selected a place. That was Ribs of Vienna. Do not be afraid of going to basement and little bit lower. We entered and heard people speaking Russian, waiter and one of the guests. We quickly got a place and menu. Place looks very nice and cosy. Waiter was quick, helpful and friendly (tall guy with tattooes). We ordered garlic soup and meat meal for 2 persons and 2 beers. Meals were big, tasty and looked nice. We enjoyed our stay and quickly continued our city tour;)

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Must try 1 Metre Long BBQ Spare Ribs!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times with friends and visitors. We all liked it very much. There are many types of BBQ spare ribs, not just the original version; they include the Hawaii (with pineapple), Diablo (spicy), Chilli (sweet chilli), Asia (lots of garlic), Vulcano (black-pepper), etc. My favorites were original Ribs of Vienna BBQ Spare ribs, Diablo spareribs and Chilli spareribs. If you want more than one type of spareribs, you can chose the mix plate and you can have 3 choices of spareribs. Their side orders of kraut salat, french fries, potato wedges, mixed salad, and others, are good to eat along with the BBQ ribs.

The service depended on the number of customers they have. Usually the service is quick. But if the place is full/packed, service tends to be quite slow. But have patience, as the staffs are friendly and trying their best to cope. If you are on a budget and have a few mouths to feed while you're traveling, then you should go to Ribs of Vienna. You can feed 2-3 hungry persons with 1 meter long of delicious BBQ spare ribs.

Address: Weihburggasse 22, 1010 Vienna.
Directions: Take Tram 1 or 2 and stop at Stadtpark. Go to Marriott Hotel, and find Weihburggasse. Then walk up this street and find the restaurant. From Stephansplatz/Kartnerstrasse, find Weihburggasse and walk down this street until you find the restaurant. Just take note that the dining area is located in an underground vault, which looks like a huge wine cellar. Really cool.

• Visited May 2012