Austria Trend Hotel Doppio Wien
$333
$276
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $342/night.

$106
$346
$256
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $316/night.

$229
$178
Priceline
$283
$253
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrefree private parkingbusiness hoteltram stoporganic breakfastnice hotelrooms are bigrooms are cleanfew meterspublic transportnice bathroomlounge areawi figood sizebusiness tripopera househalle
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed in Doppio 17/5/2013-22/5/2013, in general we were pleased from the hotel.
However, it has it disadvantages, for example it doesn't have shelves or drawers in the rooms as a result we had most of our clothes in the luggage, also it doesn't have nice view and either balcony. Also even if we asked for a double bed they gave as two beds together.
On the contrary, the advantages are that the hotel is brand new, almost one year old, it has very good transportation to the center of the Vienna (the tram 71, stops 50metres from the hotel and has 7 minute frequency), and it has free wifi in the rooms with very good signal. It is also very clean and the reception are friendly and they speak english.

Room Tip: we stayed in the seventh floor,and we had very good wifi signal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dimitris-Chrisa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

if I could find a good rate I would stay again. I did have to ask for my room to be vacuumed and cleaned a few times before it was finally done. I left a tip everyday, weirdly they wouldn't clean the room until I asked repeatedly? We had to get the shower fixed as it kept spraying water everywhere and had to get the sink drain fixed it was stuck in the closed position. Also it is a non smoking hotel but they don't enforce it. Also I noticed the hallway was never vacuumed the whole time we stayed, and it was winter so lots of visible debris. Staff not all that friendly...only one of the managers I can't remember her name. The male staff were very, very unfriendly. Breakfast was fantastic! We ate there every morning! The hotel is away from the city centre about 10 min ride on the tram, my family and I didn't mind it. If I was alone I may think twice about staying away from the city centre. Hopefully they have picked up on their cleaning schedule because if not the hotel will get old and dirty quickly~

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank olivebaby
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is new, clean, with spacious comfortable rooms. Especially we were impressed with sound proofing: while windows stayed close we heard no sounds from outside, and only after opening the door we realised that there is a noisy highway just opposite our window!
But the location of the hotel is not perfect: quite far from the city centre and there is nothing worth seeing nearby (except maybe the St.Marx cemetery with a grave of Mozart). But it's a good place to spend a night before an early flight - S-bahn to the airport departures half-hourly from St.Marx station situated in 2-minute-walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Igor U
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just one night as part of a short tour, it was a travel agency choice. So, I guess they pay much less the original price per room, and it was convenient to us. Located much more near the airport, the hotel was new, room was very cleaned, spacious enough, flat screen TV with some choices of channels, italian, french, eurosport, comfort bed, air con working properly.
Breakfast was plenty, could find all I need, besides fresh fruits, I don’t like fruits pre-made in sort of cups. Service staff was very polite, everyone smiling.
We used the tram to get to the hotel from center. It was difficult first to find the right one. It was line 71, we got on from Schwarzenbergplatz (part of the ring city stations) to the St Marx station (6 stations) where we got off. Than it takes aproximately 10 min walk straight ahead to the hotel, located at the left side of the street back way.
Pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OlaT-day
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is fairly new, and the rooms were of good size and clean. However, if we had not been able to get transportation to and from the center, it would not have been my hotel of choice. The breakfast was really poor, with eggs, yogurt and fruit in pre-made glass cups--not very appetizing. The bread and jams were good, but in a city known for its pastries, none were available at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends