“The perfect city hotel”
Review of Hotel Topazz

Hotel Topazz
Ranked #62 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel managers and developers should really hop on a plane to Vienna and check out the Topazz. This is hands down probably one of the world's best city center hotels in this price range. Every little thing is perfectly well though out in this beautiful boutique hotel in the very center of the city. Great architecture, great interior design with nice materials and excellent service. Why can't all hotels finally recognize that there is no point in ripping guests off with WiFi and Minibar fees? The Topazz got it right and includes all that and a delicious afternoon snack in the room rate. I also loved the comfortable bed and the high-pressure rain shower. The only thing that needs to be improved are the temperature control (it was too cold) and the safe (the was no power outlet to charge your laptop). But those are just details and considering the hotel is so young it is remarkably amazing. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for almost a week late Aug 2012 and is very happy with it. Unbeatable location, super friendly staff and very cozy room. When we ran out of ideas on where to dine, the staff never fail us with their suggestions and we are very happy with their recommendations. We got free access to their lounge every day from noon til 10pm, excellent choices of red / white / sparking ling wine, coffee and fancy tea selection; small cakes are available from 4pm to 5:30pm. We found ourselves sipping wine / coffee in the lounge after a long day out and about in the city. Also free WIFI and free mini bar. One little complaint though, we almost didn't get enough shampoo, bath gel and ran out of body lotion. In other hotels, we get more than enough shampoo & bath gel every day, but not quite so in Topazz.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The good
We had a corner room on the 5th floor overlooking both the main street (of the hotel) and a side street. View nothing to get excited about but pleasant enough. Room was clean with modern facilties and a comfortable bed. Location was about 250 metres from St Stephens Square and underground. Good choice of restaurants and cafes around.

Breakfasts were good with an emphasis towards natural ingredients. Some items served in a different style to what you would expect.

Staff helpful and cheerful at all times. Would go back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just came back from an amazing weekend in Vienna, and I'm still excited about my stay at Topazz.

A local friend suggested me to stay at this boutique hotel because it's brand new, super cool and in a excellent location in the city center.. well, she was definitely right!!

Once we arrived there our room still wasn't ready but the guys at the reception were all super nice and friendly. Check-in was quick so we could go outside to explore the city (AMAZING LOCATION, Stephansplatz is just around the corner!).

The hotel itself is very cozy and stylish, not that kind of design that feels "cold" and impersonal. The architecture of the building seen from outside is very catchy and it's not hard to find people on the street taking pics of it!

Our double room was located on the 5th floor: not one of those with the huge rounded windows, but we had a lovely little balcony. The room itself was not that big, though we loved it, as everything was designed to make you feel welcome. Cleanliness, complimentary WiFi and minibar, little cakes on arrival, a beautiful marble bathroom (loved the shower), and a super comfy bed: that's what you need from an hotel! There was even a 3D TV in our room!

Location is unbeatable, everything is walking distance and if you don't feel like walking, metro station is just 1 min away. There's plenty of bars and restaurants around but if you don't know where to go just ask to the guys at the reception, they will suggest you really good places and arrange you dinner reservations.

Breakfast, if not included in your room rate, is 25 Euros pp.. a little expensive in my opionion. On the other side during the day you can find at the Salon some complimentary snacks and drinks.. nice touch!

Overall i really enjoyed Vienna and of course my stay at this lovely place!

Good job Topazz, can't wait to come back!

3  Thank interpol81
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent a weekend at Hotel Topazz with my niece in mid July. I had previously been to another hotel in Vienna which was so-so, and really not worth returning to. I was looking for what I always look for in a city hotel: excellent value, good location, cleanliness, comfortable sleep, and just that little something extra to make the time spent in the hotel a part of the whole glorious experience of travel. I do not believe that all you do in a hotel is sleep (even in the most exciting of cities). The hotel becomes part of my impression of the city, and part of my memory of the trip.

The Topazz exceeded my expectations in all of these areas, from the funky exterior (tourists often take pictures of it as they pass in the traditional Viennese horse and carriage), to the amazingly comfortable bed (with a gorgeous duvet), the all day salon - serving prosecco, wine and tea, to the ipod player, and the wonderful window seat from which to survey the (albeit not terribly charming) street below. The design of the room was whimsical with little details like gold duck's legs forming the base of a lamp, and duck footprints on tables. The location can't be beat for centrality and ease.

The service was also impeccable. The gentlemen behind reception were amongst the friendliest and most helpful I've met in my Viennese travels. All in all I was very impressed and believe that I have found my "Viennese" base for future visits. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zoedodger
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our favorite hotel of the 3 cities we visited on our vacation. Booked two rooms for 3 nights: double room for husband and myself and triple room for our 3 teens. The location was perfect -so close to the Stephandom, subway, shops, cafes, city center. It was a on a corner just off a lively area near two Gelato places. Very safe neighborhood. There was a lot of construction going on but I didn't hear it in the room or did I feel like it was a hassle coming and going from the hotel.
Below are the things that made this hotel special:
-shower was the best. Great water pressure. Two shower heads: rain head and hand held - even had them going at the same time - must have lowered the level of the Danube- and did not lose any water pressure. Great towels. Not the kind that exfoliates as it drys, but new and fluffy.
-true King mattress and so very comfortable. The only thing that got me out of the bed in the morning was to get under that amazing shower.
-The toilet has a deodorizer! Yes! No more avoiding eye contact with your mate when you emerge from the bathroom. Enough about that.
-Fog free mirror, make up mirror, good hair dryer, nice toiletries - super convenient
-complimentary beverages and snacks in the refrigerator. This was at the top of the teenagers' lists. Included were: bottled water, Coke, wafers, beer
-complimentary petit four for each person on the first night. Yum. They were beautiful and delicious.
-glass bottle of water (the classy kind with the stopper) was provided and refilled everyday
-friendly and helpful staff. Greeted you by name and with a smile every time
-large, fast elevator
-great air conditioning! It was 90 degrees F when we arrived and we were on the 8th floor but didn't feel hot at all
-3D tv.3D glasses are available at the front desk. Kids thought this almost as good as free stuff in fridge.
-WiFi comes with room. It was fast and reliable. Only thing is you have to rejoin/login each time you get off your device

We liked the design of the hotel. It is very elegant and refined with the dark wood and the polished silver finishes. There are only 4 rooms per floor and you couldn't hear any hallway noises. All the nice touches made our stay in Vienna even more perfect. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Letsgo5_11
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. Personnel was friendly and helpfull but You need to keep in minds several issues about this hotel:
1) NO ironing facilities in the hotel absolutely - ironing in rooms prohibited / no special room for ironing. They can iron 1 or 2 shirts at once themselves. But we had a little bit more (as we travelled in 3 persons group). They offered us to use laundry services for our clothes - unfortunately we checked-in on Friday and on Friday night / Saturday they had a problem to find laundry service to iron our items. They promised us to make it till noon on Saturday, then enlarge the termination till 6 o'clock ( I was really upset as we had a concert on Saturday evening and I hated to go to the concert in wet clothes (as it was hot weather on Saturday). As a result they promised us we to get our clothes on Saturday after 3 o'clock - actually we got it after 5 o'clock. and we were cherged for it 80 EUR. Recommend You to think about Your clothes in advance.
2) Exact hotel location. They have perfect night photos of hotel. Be caution actually it does NOT look like on photos as the hotel guests do NOT tirn on the lights in rooms thus the hotel does NOT look so preety as it would have to look. At night time we missed our turn twice and made two circles befoe we found it. The main orientation sightseen is crowded restaurant in front of the turn to Lichtensteg street - name of the restaurant Zanoni on the Lugeck street
3) The breakfast is twice of the price of the Zanoni price list. It's up to Your where to eat. HOtel dreafast is also good - with BIO products.

In general we loved the hotel.

Others were very good

Room Tip: All rooms are quit as the hotel a little bit far from Rotenturmstrasse (which are full of people til...