“Perfect Location in the centre of Vienne”
Review of Hotel Lamee

Hotel Lamee
Ranked #115 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Beirut Lebanon
“Perfect Location in the centre of Vienne”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of main attractions just few steps to the St Stephen cathedral. it is surrounded by 2 underground stations for 2 major lines (one that goes directly to the Schonbrunn palace). The staff specially Sabrina and Aksana are extremely professional and very friendly.Taxi stop is just in-front of the hotel entrance.
One last advise, when arriving by taxi from the airport, use the following address instead of the one featured on the internet: street name Lichtensteg 1,

Room Tip: Rooms 82 is not so large but has very nice view, directly to the top of the st Stephen cathedral.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband I stayed at hotel Lamee the first weekend in September and were extremely pleased. Perfect location being only a short walk to St Stephens and the heart of Vienna. Our room was beautifully decorated, extremely quiet, and the best part being a walk in shower! We couldn't have asked for anything more. The roof top bar is a great place to get a birds eye view of Vienna as well as a great place to watch the sunset.
The concierge desk was extremely helpful. Aksana was the best!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline K
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been staying at Lamee Hotel in august 2013 .Everything was just perfect! The hotel is nicely situated in the centre and very comfortable distance to get to any part.
Room: I was given the room on 8 floor with panoramic windows & beautiful view on Stephan Dom though the room is not big by the size but very interesting disigned in art deco style.
Breakfast: large selection of testy & healthy (: dishes from café Bloom.
Serves & concierge team was very helpful. & additionally my compliments for guest relation team (``summer in the city ``rate – was very good & competitive proposal!)
I would sertainly reccomend this beautifull hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: 8 floor room is perfect
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Lamee and his brother Topazz standing across the street are located very close to Stephanplatz. Both are very small and private. At the Lamee breakfast is served on the first floor above Cafe bloom, large windows all over watching the serounding. It was very delicate small portion serving and so very pleasant. At the Topazz they serve 4 o'clock tea. The rooms on both hotels are not bright and a bit dark, but at the Lamee the window is very wide and has a rolled shade.
I arrived on the hottest day ever to Vienna, my room was booked to the Topazz but due to non-functioning air-conditioner I was moved to the Lamee.
All over it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: The oval windows of the Topazz are seen just from the outside. In the Lamee the rooms heading Roten...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great location..deluxe room is big and great bathroom awesome shower a little bit dark...great for couples...nice breakfast...we stay for 3 nigths and no soap reaplaced...and carpet should be vacuumed...good service...annoying internet need to enter the user name and password every 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Deluxe room for couples not for friends or family
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jax00123
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel has really great location with just 2 minutes walk from Stephansdom. Rooms are not large but cosy with bath in the center of the room (shower is located in the coner). Only one thing that can be impoved is air conditioner - during our stay it was 35-37 C outside so inside the room i'd like to have more efficient conditioning system.

Staff is very friendly (special thanks to Zuzana) and is always ready to help.

Also recommend to visit Terrace on the 8th floor - great view on Stephansdom.

My next stay in Vienna will be also Lamee. Everything is great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had originally booked Hotel Topazz for my stay in Vienna but was displaced to the Lamee due to a non-functioning air conditioning system on July 13.

The properties have the same owner and are literally adjacent to eachother, so my luggage and I were wisked over to the Lamee for my stay. The decor is just as modern and sleek as Topazz but a bit lacking. Where Topazz has circular window seats and lamps with duck feet, the Lamee has more typical modern design. At this point, I didn't care, I wanted a shower and a comfortable bed.

I was brought to room 64, which has a very nice view of St. Stephens Cathedrial's Steeple. The room was warm (uncomfortable by normal standards) but much more pleasant than the steam bath across the street at Topazz. I was told that there was free wi-fi and that my mini bar had been comped because of my troubles (really? thats it? .. ok).

I noticed that the floor had some residual dirt on it and even an empty candy (?) wrapper in the corner of the room.

The wi-fi was less than easily accessible. It dropped both my phone and laptop what seemed to be about every 5 minutes, making me have to re-enter a long username and password each time. The mini bar included 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of apple juice and 2 pieces of candy -- not really living in the lap of luxury here.

I happened to enjoy it but the shower was the equivlent of being power washed. For a hotel that boasts eco-friendliess (room key controls the air conditioning while inside), it sure seemed like a huge waste of water.

There are no irons in the room and no irons available to be brought to the room. If you need your clothes pressed, you had to send them out (for an additional charge of course!)

There aren't any peep holes on the room doors and no latch to lock the door from the inside. Maybe its my American paranoia setting in, but this didn't sit right with me. This especially bothered me since I was told that Lamee does not have a 24-hour desk attendant downstairs. 24 hour security was only available at Topazz.

The hotel is in a great location so I was able to easily navigate to find great food, shopping and sights to see. The hotel also has a roof top terrace with incredible views during sunset.

All in all, I feel like their customer service is lacking and perhaps they need some better management. For over 200 euro per night, I really would have expected something better from a 'luxury' hotel.

Room Tip: Room 64 has a beautiful view of the steeple of St. Stephen's cathedrial
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jennifer_0290
PhilVienna, Manager at Hotel Lamee, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear jennifer_0290,

First and foremost again we would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring your experience to our attention. It is only through productive feedback like yours that we can continuously strive to improve our services and offerings for our guests.

As already pointed out in the our previous answer, we do take comments like yours very seriously and we would like to assure you that, in the meantime, the various issues with the wireless system have successfully been solved.

It is correct we are an eco-friendly hotel. Please bear in mind that Austria is blessed with endless amounts of natural clean fountain water in drinking quality. Furthermore the water pressure of the shower is of vital importance to our guests.

We can’t quite comprehend why you did not receive an iron and board to your room. It is true that we don´t have trouser presses in our rooms, as one would expect in any international hotel. Since we are a boutique hotel our space is limited. Therefore we don’t equip every room with an iron and iron board but we send it up to your room free of charge or offer full dry cleaning service with our partner just across the street. Just to be on the safe side we will evaluate what exactly went wrong.

Our 24 hour security is in charge for both hotels. The Lamée reception is not occupied after 11pm as all lines and our night manager is in the Topazz. Further to calm fears, Vienna is the safest city in the world, and the next police station is only 30 meters away.

Nevertheless I can understand your disappointment. It troubles us, and we know we can´t wipe out your experience. We can only ask you to give us a second chance upon your next trip to Vienna.

Once again we would like to sincerely apologize for not having met your expectations during your recent stay with us and I do, however, hope that you will be visiting us again in the future in order for us to be able to show you that Hotel TOPAZZ & Lamée can in fact provide the service you rightfully expect from a hotel of our kind.

Your Hotel Lamée Team