“Best expirience so far”

TIAN Experience Taste
Ranked #27 of 4,158 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: TIAN experience taste At TIAN you can dine refreshingly different - unique vegetarian cuisine! TIAN restaurant Vienna is a place that is full of delights for the senses. For our guests we create the finest vegetarian dishes from superb ingredients and with a joyous passion for experimentation. The restaurant offers light lunch dishes daily and our weekly special: the combinable TIAN light lunch menu. In the evenings, let yourself be whisked to realms of exciting flavours with our gourmet menus featuring 4, 6, 8 or 10 courses. Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday and public holidays: 12 pm - 2 pm and 5:45 pm - 9 pm (kitchen hours).
Ajdovscina, Slovenia
“Best expirience so far”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I knew it was a vegetarian restaurant and I knew it was a good restaurant, but they still managed to surprise me. The food was great, the wine choice was superb and the staff was topnotch. Inovative food and presentation. Yes, it's pricy, but well worth every euro. I would recomend it and will definitely visit again.

1 Thank pbajnoci

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“'all hat and no cattle'”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Tian came highly recommended. However we found that wait staff were curt, there was not one inquiry as to whether we'd enjoyed the meal, but rather quipped, "you know you can eat that as well" (regarding a slither of white chocolate left on the plate). The dish presentation is quite spectacular but all the food is either too sweet or too salty. Curry coconut soup is so sweet it may as well be a dessert. the quinoa main dish again is magnificently presented but the only flavor is salt. Tian takes the typical Germanic approach of over salting vegetarian food to make it appeal to meat eaters. A very weird and rather unpleasant starter (liquid salad in a small bowl with a little small crouton like ball on a spear) was presented "on the house" but then appeared on the bill.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Unforgettable meal”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was my second time to Tian in 6 months and my experience the second time was just as good as the first. This restaurant serves food in such imaginative ways and with such impeccable service. And, by the way, it's tasty too! It is absolutely pricey, but I'd rather pay for this than overpriced schnitzel any day.

London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, over salted”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

First of all, let me say that I was tricked into going here. Well, not so much tricked, but everyone failed to mention that this was a vegetarian restaurant. Having said that I was open to trying the menu which looked somewhat interesting although slightly confusing.

Started with the egg / truffle / spinach with foam. This course was actually decent. Moved on to the artichoke flan course which was over salted. I also tried a few other plates at our table - the truffle pasta and the quinoa - both of which were completely over salted. The presentation of all the courses was quite nice apart from the truffle pasta which was just a white on white boring ball of pasta.

The decor of the place is bland. Chandeliers that look like a pirate ship with dead flowers.

Ambiance - mediocre. Music was playing from some far off cavern that stopped occasionally for 10 minutes and then started up again. Odd.

Service was very good.

Overall I was very unimpressed especially given the prices. I don't in any way consider myself a food snob, but I have eaten in a fair share of Michelin star restaurants around the world to at least know a good from a bad meal. And this was just bad.

6 Thank stephysan
Tonsberg, Norway
“Like in a dream....”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Visiting Vienna with friends, of which two were vegetarians - we decided to book a table at Tian's.
This turned out to be an excellent idea - although a bit on the expensive side - as both the service, the menues and not at least the presenation and taste of these vegetarian delights were something we will remember for a long time.
The variety and taste of the many dishes were exciting, and even if we couldn't always fully understand all the ingredients, we soon agreed that whatever we got on the plate it would taste wonderfully !!
Try Tian !