“Delicious and inventive vegetarian food”

TIAN Experience Taste
Ranked #69 of 4,548 Restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: TIAN experience taste At TIAN you can dine refreshingly different - unique vegetarian cuisine! TIAN restaurant Vienna is a place that is full of delights for the senses. For our guests we create the finest vegetarian dishes from superb ingredients and with a joyous passion for experimentation. The restaurant offers light lunch dishes daily and our weekly special: the combinable TIAN light lunch menu. In the evenings, let yourself be whisked to realms of exciting flavours with our gourmet menus featuring 4, 6, 8 or 10 courses. Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday and public holidays: 12 pm - 2 pm and 5:45 pm - 9 pm (kitchen hours).
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a fantastic four course meal. Staff were very friendly. The inventiveness of the food and enthusiasm of the staff made it a great experience.

1  Thank swerveysgirl

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is my second review, after we revisited the restaurant after some time. This time, next to nothing went according to expectations and we recommend to stay away from Tian until things change for the better.
Except for a still good food quality, many things went wrong - and I think this reflects a new direction in operating the restaurant.
Long waiting times - they sell mini bread baskets in the meantime. This is not acceptable.
We asked for a glass of wine per person: the quantity was not recognizable (just about the width of a finger). This is not acceptable.
When the courses arrived they were of the tiniest size you can imagine (droplets and morsels). If you just want to taste snippets, it's ok. But this is not what you expect in a restaurant.
Prices are exorbitant and out of proportion.
If you have a lot if time, lot of money to be left on the table and are not out for a decent meal, go there, else stay away.
We still very much support the idea of vegetarian restaurants, but there need to be decent alternatives.

1  Thank Flowwolf
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our first trip to Tian and we cannot wait until we go again. Superb food, presentation, and service. We had the mushroom soup which offered one of the most unique presentations and the risotto which was off the charts. We cannot say enough about this place. Just a wonderful place!

1  Thank usha18
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We ate lunch at this beautiful restaurant that is perfect for vegetarians and carnivores alike. The lunch menu is a la cart or a two or three course special for 14 or 16 euros pp. It is a very romantic and organic atmosphere filled with soft light and plants. Our lunch was excellent!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food service (the same as the food itself) in Tian is magnificent - the waiters are very kind and explain every little thing you may want to ask, they are polite and always attentive, and despite all these it doesn't feel like they are invading your space or anything, they are just open to everything you may want to ask.

What determined me even more to write them this positive review is the amazing surprise that they prepared for us. In the reservation I made online I made the remark that it will be my mother's birthday and I asked perhaps if it's possible to have a small decoration on her plate or just a little something to greet her maybe. During our stay of 3 hours while waiting for the courses nothing was mentioned and I even forgot about this, we were having a great time and the food was a beautiful present enough.
However, after we finished with the menu, our waiter came and ask who is the birthday girl and brought a little beautifully decorated chocolate cake with macarons and a chocolate heart and a little candle. Honestly, I had tears in my eyes, and it wasn't even my birthday...

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody, vegetarian or not (we aren't but we enjoyed the food a lot, the quality and tasteful combinations, the little surprises that made us smile).

2  Thank Fawcette