“Fantastic gluten free pizza, pasta, beer and desserts”

Pizzeria Scarabocchio
Ranked #77 of 4,581 Restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefstadt
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Well worth the easy subway ride from city center to this pretty and quiet part of Vienna for so much gluten free choice! Delicious crunchy, thin crust pizza, pasta with lots of choices with sauces, the only gluten free beer we found in Vienna and gluten free tiramisu! Attentive service, warm and cozy inside seating.

1  Thank runread

Reviewed May 7, 2014

It made such a pleasant change to find a restaurant where gluten free food is the norm. All of the freshly made pizzas, cooked in their stone fired oven were available gluten free and even the tiramisu, which was the best I have tasted, was gluten free.
The owner has coeliac disease and so obviously understands how difficult eating out usually is for coeliacs.
We had a glass of prosecco to start and it was really good.
It was so good we went back the next night! I had pizza the first night and canneloni the second, both meals were excellent.
The service was really quick and friendly and it was very reasonably priced.
Its near Rathaus and very easy to get to by underground, try it!

1  Thank Bupsy
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We found this place after looking for somewhere suitable to eat (I am a Coeliac) and thought we would give it a try.

The staff were quick, efficient and very friendly. Our service did not seem to suffer despite there being a table of about 20 in when we were.

The menu says they can offer gluten-free food and when I asked the waitress I was please to hear that they knew all about my condition (the owner is also Coeliac) and said they could make almost everything off the menu GF.

I tried the Pizza and I have to say it was one of the best GF pizzas I have had. The delicious food (we even went back a second evening as it has been about 10 years since I had a good pizza!) was complemented by a reasonable selection of wines, great Prosecco and I even noticed a GF Beer on offer too.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and not stuffy and the bill was quite reasonable for a city centre restaurant.

Well worth a visit and A MUST for fellow Coeliacs out there.

2  Thank Pattdiver
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Cosy Italian restaurant. Extremely fast service and serving. High quality food. The pizzas were ready within 10 minutes. The same for the carne menus. This is a place to go!

1  Thank Per H
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you read my other reviews, you'll see that I have a preference of going to Italy and eating italian. This place serves very good pizzas and is able to accompany them with good wines. We had a Primitivo (Puglia) bottle with our meal. The staff is friendly and the boss is very welcoming. Another advantage is that this place is open on Sunday evenings. Together with the cozy atmosphere, this is an ideal evening out.