“Amazing gluten free tiramisu!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Scarabocchio

Pizzeria Scarabocchio
Ranked #110 of 4,075 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Josefstadt
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing gluten free tiramisu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

It made such a pleasant change to find a restaurant where gluten free food is the norm. All of the freshly made pizzas, cooked in their stone fired oven were available gluten free and even the tiramisu, which was the best I have tasted, was gluten free.
The owner has coeliac disease and so obviously understands how difficult eating out usually is for coeliacs.
We had a glass of prosecco to start and it was really good.
It was so good we went back the next night! I had pizza the first night and canneloni the second, both meals were excellent.
The service was really quick and friendly and it was very reasonably priced.
Its near Rathaus and very easy to get to by underground, try it!

Visited April 2014

• Polish first
UK
“Coeliac Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We found this place after looking for somewhere suitable to eat (I am a Coeliac) and thought we would give it a try.

The staff were quick, efficient and very friendly. Our service did not seem to suffer despite there being a table of about 20 in when we were.

The menu says they can offer gluten-free food and when I asked the waitress I was please to hear that they knew all about my condition (the owner is also Coeliac) and said they could make almost everything off the menu GF.

I tried the Pizza and I have to say it was one of the best GF pizzas I have had. The delicious food (we even went back a second evening as it has been about 10 years since I had a good pizza!) was complemented by a reasonable selection of wines, great Prosecco and I even noticed a GF Beer on offer too.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and not stuffy and the bill was quite reasonable for a city centre restaurant.

Well worth a visit and A MUST for fellow Coeliacs out there.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pattdiver
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent excellent execllent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Cosy Italian restaurant. Extremely fast service and serving. High quality food. The pizzas were ready within 10 minutes. The same for the carne menus. This is a place to go!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Per H
Mechelen, Belgium
“Good pizza choice and wine selection - open on Sundays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you read my other reviews, you'll see that I have a preference of going to Italy and eating italian. This place serves very good pizzas and is able to accompany them with good wines. We had a Primitivo (Puglia) bottle with our meal. The staff is friendly and the boss is very welcoming. Another advantage is that this place is open on Sunday evenings. Together with the cozy atmosphere, this is an ideal evening out.

Visited October 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great pizza place (excellent for gluten free too!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Chose this place through reviews on tripadvisor (thanks, community!). It was a great experience. Waiter was friendly and helpful, I have limited German but he spoke great English and carefully explained what the gluten free options were (lots of choice). Food was delicious, service was good (medium busy on a Wednesday night), atmosphere and decor in the restaurant was good. Gluten free pizza was delicious and my colleague said her pizza (not gluten free) was also good. We had different desserts, both gluten free, both delicious. My friend doesn't normally have gluten free food but announced her tiramisu was really delicious (not in the category of a "gluten free nearly as good as normal food version"). Chef came over to help us choose desserts and was very friendly. Good price. I would recommend this place, both for gluten free and 'normal' food.

• Visited February 2014