“Excellent food and a warm welcome”

Pizzeria Scarabocchio
Ranked #150 of 4,104 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Josefstadt
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and a warm welcome”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on the reviews on here and because it was only a short walk from our hotel. After a long day in the Christmas markets we didn't want to venture far and this was ideal. Although we turned up without a reservation at 1930 on a Saturday evening, the owner went out of his way to find us a table within minutes. Service was attentive and quick but we didn't feel rushed at all. The staff all had a smattering of English which helped me (although my wife speaks fluent German!) and were friendly.
The food was excellent although it comes out when it's ready, not when the whole order is together. If you are being picky then this could be an issue. It was only a few minutes between our two dishes and the food was piping hot and very tasty.
Worth noting that for a small charge they can do gluten free pizza and pasta.
Whilst we were there, a couple on the next table ordered fish which the owner brought out and filleted at the table. It was excellent to watch and he didn't let any of the meat go to waste.

Thoroughly recommend this for an evening out.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A wise choice indeed”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Another great tripadvisor find. Romantic, cozy ambiance with friendly and warm staff. I had the pizza tuscana and it was fantastic. If I lived nearby I would be a regular.

• Visited November 2013
“Outstanding Gluten free pizza and beer”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Exceptional food, waiter went out of his way to seat us even though we had not reserved
Owner was lovely and the gluten free pizza was amazing even got to wash it down with beer
Worth the walk!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Taste4danger
Scotland
“Gluten free pizza and pasta - delicious”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My hubbie needs a gluten free diet, so based on previous reviews on trip advisor we decided to try it out.

This was the best gluten free pizza we've ever had. Hard to believe it really was gluten free. As my husband told the waiter "it tasted like pizza"!! Praise indeed. We also shared a GF pasta. Both were good sized portions washed down with a half carafe of red. Everything was scrummy.

It would have been rude to leave without tasting the GF tirimasu - wow! Also delicious.

There was a small surcharge for GF food, but it was definitely worth it. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GaznShazBigAdventure
Rochester, New York
“Delicious gluten free”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ate at this restaurant two nights in arow because it was so good. I had delicious gluten free pasta the first night and and the best gluten free pizza I have ever had the second night. I debated about ordering a meal to go for the flight back to the US and I wish I had done it.

• Visited September 2013