Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Book in advance
from
$653.17
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Google
Ways to Experience MuseumsQuartier Wien
from $107.77
from $31.57
from $280.86
3,886 results
All reviews leopold museum museum of modern art egon schiele mumok mq collection wien district
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2019

The rich history of Wein comes to fore in these museums. This is not just once museum and houses different museums an various deciplines such a art, natural history and is recommended for all ages.
I would recommend the Vienna city pass as this would make entry to all these sites free or at reduced rates and without any queues.

2  Thank Akshay G
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Always something happening.
The Leopold, Mumok, Kids Museum, cafes, gelato, shops
Really the hub of central Vienna.
And love those chairs!

2  Thank SeeingTHEworld2012
Reviewed June 12, 2019

its possible just to spend all your time in the area as so much to see and do but make sure your a museum buff otherwise it will be lost on you

2  Thank bas t
Reviewed June 5, 2019

MuseumsQuartier is a great place with a concentration of different museums, workshops for children & design shops. Is a meeting place for Viennese people, for a walk with a baby & dog, and a very pleasant atmosphere of culture centers by hand with routine local life. You have here a concentration of museums with different tastes & times. I went to Leopold for finding a lot of the "corps d'ouvre" of Egon Schiele and some of his master Gustav Klimt. There was an "hommage" to Schiele by contemporary artists "under inspiration" of Egon Schiele, so many walls were with huge pieces that were so weak and empty together with works full of energy of the Masters...but I know, every curator must to change, to show creativity and theories, and to arrange temporary exhibitions. Anywhere, I went for the "Alte Masters" and they were there, excelent and universal. That's my interest, but you can go also to MUMROK for looking Contemporary Art ( exactly what I found at Schiele's exhibition), or the Kunsthalle. I think that Leopold Collection is the best & the MUST of all this complex called the MuseumsQuartier, for finding most of the work of Schiele, some excelent works by Klimt ( that are dispersed at many places), the Secessionist Movement ( Local Viennese Art Nouveau) and also an excellent show of the Academic masters of the Vienna Academy, who developed a great love for "Open Air" little Landscapes. A wonderful surprise !! You can understand were Klimt and Schiele received their skills.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank RicardoL4287
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

I've been to Vienna 6 times now ,I've always been impressed with the wonderful architecture and to me Museumsquartier best sums up why I enjoy visiting this city so much.
The architecture is awesome as you would expect from one of the most beautiful city's in the world ,grand museum buildings that look fantastic, theres also all manner of cafes, bars and restaurants in and around Museumsquartier which makes it a great place to visit for a meal or beer or two .
On any holiday I take to this most beautiful of city's I always make a point of visiting the Museumsquartier, just love this district and if your planning a holiday to Vienna it should be at the top of your list of places to visit.
Well worth checking out.