“Sorry to have taken people there”

Orangery at Schoenbrunn Palace
Book In Advance
$122.00*
Vienna Combo: Danube River Cruise, Dinner and Schonbrunn Palace Concert
$204.12*
and up
Empress Sisi Sightseeing Combo in Vienna Including Schonbrunn Palace, Hofburg...
$49.27*
Schonbrunn Palace Evening Concert
Ranked #177 of 585 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Viennese Orangery was used as a location for magnificent festivities as far back as the days of the emperor. We are continuing this tradition! The musical performance of the well known Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra accompanied by masterful singing and dancing will be the highlight of your trip to Vienna! In the longest orangery building in the world, you will be transported to the Viennese Classical era by the Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra with music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sorry to have taken people there”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Not my type of location. The building is alright, nothing special. Especially not when you look around Vienna and see all the other amazing buildings for example in the inner city. The inside looks nice but a bit dull. This was not what I expected for the given price. The only really well worth seeing thing in Schönbrunn is the Schloss Schönbrunn itself and the Zoo as you might have expected. Id rather go somewhere else for a concert. In fact, I was somewhere else and enjoyed myself to an significant amount more. The orchestra in the Orangerie was petit and to me as a music lover it seemed as if some of the musicians didn't exactly want to be there. At least this is how it was expressed in the music. I was not surprised when the food came. The Schnitzel was hard to cut. I wish i hadn't taken my clients there, it left an unsophisticated impression on me.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank RachelCohen

Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Orangerie-Schönbrunn”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a memorable evening in the Orangery of Schönbrunn, where we celebrated our Golden Anniversary.
Special thanks and appreciations are for the PR lady: Mrs Mirela Palinik-Kögl who made the impossible to offer us two glasses of champagne who did not exist on the menu.
The persons of this nature are really worthwhile in every section.
Thanks again to this charming lady, so that we were able to forget the annoyance during the payment to the waiter who was keeping us waiting during about ten minutes in spite of our complains, and at the end he hadn't even mention to the responsable that we had paid our due to him!
The concert and dinner were perfect.

Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Loved the concert combination”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to a lot of ballets, operas and concerts in my years and this was a decent and good experience that I feel has been misrepresented on TripAdvisor. We are students so we bought the cheapest C grade tickets at 39€. We could see just fine and heard brilliantly. The preformance involved dancing, classical music by Strauss and Mozart as well as some opera singing in German. The preformance was well executed, on time and in a professional manner. It was by no means revolutionary but it was an extremely pleasant way to spend an evening in Vienna. The room was nice, the seats were fine and I didn't feel like it was extremely touristy.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank FroggayFroggay
Munich, Germany
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Schloßkonzert Schönbrunn”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had been invited for dinner and concert at the Orangerie. To be honest, we were quite disappointed from the menu served. Despite it having been the favourite dish of emperor Franz, it was cooked unlovingly and flavourless.
The concert - basically behind the separated restaurant area - was okay for the average international audience who does not get the chance to hear classical music very often. I was not at all impressed by the sound (and we had seats in row 4) and negatively surprised by the sweet (!) champagne offered during the pause. Given this concert takes place every night, the quality is questionable and I would not recommend.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank biaci
Voronezh, Russia
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“like in other world...”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First of all the building of Orangerie is amazing! There are a few such constructions in the world - made from steel but so light and elegant! The inner space of Orangerie divided into zones with different microclimates. The Orangerie provides a great number of different species of plants like in other worlds. Beautifull and calming.

Visited December 2012