“Music, opera and dance was interesting and fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vienna Combo: Danube River Cruise, Dinner and Schonbrunn Palace Concert
Ranked #174 of 556 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Viennese Orangery was used as a location for magnificent festivities as far back as the days of the emperor. We are continuing this tradition! The musical performance of the well known Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra accompanied by masterful singing and dancing will be the highlight of your trip to Vienna! In the longest orangery building in the world, you will be transported to the Viennese Classical era by the Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra with music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Music, opera and dance was interesting and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Just came home last tonight from this show. I paid for A tickets which was 65 euros. Couldn't pass the opportunity to see this since I'm on my honey moon. There are cheaper seats further back from the front.

I do not generally listen to opera or classical music but I must I had so much fun at this event! I would say that most patrons are tourist including myself but I wouldn't take that away from the performance. I enjoyed every moment which no doubt appealed to both those who are trained in. Music or not! A must see when in Vienna!

Brussels, Belgium
“Absolutely Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Really a "no miss" next time you are in Vienna! Fantastic concert in an abolsutely amazing setting - the historical building and the adjoining gardens! The typical Vienese dinner was delicious and service was excellent. The Strauss program was truly inspirational and professional and it gave us a taste of how it must have been to live in this amazingly cultural city in the last century - and Mozart was, as always, the "creme de la creme". Finally , the concert personel was very polite and service-oriented.

Absolutely worth every cent and definitely something we will do again when we next visit Vienna!

Visited April 2012
jerusalem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A dull tourist trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

It all started with the reservation
price that was about 30% higher
than the actual vanue price.
I went there with my wife early
January.
They take you in and out from
the concert place to dinner and back
by foot and outside the schloss
through the freezing night.
Dinner was worse than average
Menu Touristico, very dull and in
the visitors coffee shop.
This was the highlight of the evening since the small orchestra
was untuned and unbalanced with
10 loudspeekers to compensate
which made the voice even worse.
The singer sounded like 2 yolks were stuck in his throat ,the other
one had no voice so I cannot judge.
The dancers looked out of a circus.
All in all a dull cold disappointing
experience.

8 Thank josefhabas
ManagementOrangeri, Inhaber at Orangery at Schoenbrunn Palace, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Mr. Habas,

Thank you for you posting.

I am Peter Hosek and one of the owners of the company Image that produces the Schoenbrunn Palace Concerts at the Orangery Schönbrunn.

First of all we are sorry that you obviously did not have a good time. Please allow me to respond to some of your comments:
1. The price: Unfortunately I don´t know where you booked the tickets - but our prices are internationally published, on our website, on our flyers (which are layed out in every single hotel), at the information of the Vienna Touris Office and at most ticket offices in town. Some of our tickets are sold by internet ticket offices, travel agencies and other companies - they (as in most cities in the world) sell tickets with a supplement which is their handling fee. If you paid 30% more I would highly appriciate if you tell me who the seller was.

2. The restaurant "Residenz" is a fine restaurant and our partner since 1998 - the menues are touristic as we have visitors from all the world at the palace and therefore we need to cover the general taste of the visitors which they try. Again we are very sorry, that you did not like the food. Tastes are quite different.

3. The small orchestra - which we call "ensemble" performs without amplification - the speakers you saw are not in use. They are there for events in case we need to applify a speaker. I have not been there on that day so I can not judge if the musicians where out of tune and unbalanced - But as a musician (I studyed at the Music University in Vienna) I can guarantee that the musicans are well trained and tour with our Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra throughout the whole world.
In winter - as published in our flyers and on our website - due to low tourism season we perform with the chamber ensemble of the orchestra - again I ensure you that there was NO amplification !

4. Singer: Can you remember the names ? Please let me know - we work with many singers and I can proof that they are all hired in several opera houses in Vienna or abroad. Please give the change to find out what happend this evening ...

All in all I hope you accept my apologicies and find my explenation helpful.

All the best from Vienna, Peter Hosek
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Problem with the lady at the reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Although the night was great with free coffee and tea, we were surprised that the lady refused to put my laptop in the locker they have during the day. She told me not to worry and to put it with the other luggage. I insisted because she was alone and there was many traffic in the hostel.. She refused and was disappointed that I would not trust her ! So I decided to wear my computer the whole day.

Visited November 2011