“Cozy cellar with nice jazz music”
Review of Jazzland

Jazzland
Ranked #1 of 158 Nightlife in Vienna
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The club is located in cellar of the Vienna's oldest church. The acoustics are great, the atmosphere is warm and cozy. Very good for spending a classy jazz evening. Although the entrance fee is moderately high, the visit to Jazzland will pay off for every cent.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"piano"
"performance"

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Jazzland is a classic and standard jazz club for jazz lovers. Different from the similar ones in Paris, the air conditioner works good so that you can breath in a small underground floor. The entrance price may be a little bit high according to the artists of the night but the drinks as well as foods are medium price. We listened Howard Alden and Christian Plattner Quartet in this place and they really gave a excellent experience for us. I highly recommend this place for jazz lovers...

1  Thank conf-traveller
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I just attended a very nice jazz concert (Swing!). The live music is always something nice to attend. The musicians were very good. I truly want to go back there tomorrow for some more great music but ... the terrible fact about the place is the seating is extremely uncomfortable! I had a backache one hour into the show and I had to leave as my butt also ached from the cheap seating!
At the rates they charge (Euro 15 per person) they should provide comfort, unless someone told them that Jazz is supposed to be heard while aching!
By the way, the same cheap seating is what you find in the "dungeons" of Paris they call Caveaus (Caves)!
If you do not mind a back or butt ache I highly recommend the place.
If it were not for the seating, I would have given it an "excellent" rating.
Enjoy.

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Great Jazz and local music. The atmosphere was amazing!! I would say it was the best night out we had in Vienna! Don't miss it:)

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I will start with the bottom line. It was a great night with excellent music and atmosphere. The band playing that evening was of six young guys. The youngest forgot when he was 60 but the many years on stage brought them so close together to make a superb show of 2 hours. They were playing 1920-30's music. The show is aimed at the local audience so all the connecting parts that were very humoristic were in germen and we did not understand most of them.

As for the place it self, the only thing came to my mind was "Moonlight and Vodka" by Chris DeBurge. In this song there is a line "The beer is lousy and the food is worse worst"..…. Well the beer was OK but you should skip the food.

The cover charge is 11 Euro food and drinks prices are normal and all together it was a memorable night. When I'm back to Vienna I will certainly go back to this place.

1  Thank Haim_1