“Best Cosmo Ever”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best Cosmo Ever”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

While this bar is difficult to find, when you do find it, you will discover that the cocktails are second to none. We went there for happy hour three days in a row (late May 2009), and every time, regardless of the bartender, my cosmo was perfect. They pour freehand, but always taste the remainder before they serve it to you to ensure that it is up to their very high standards.

We found the bartenders to be extremely friendly. One time they brought us a free sample of ginger beer. One thing to note - you have to request the nuts and olives (complementary) in order to receive them.

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tourists not welcome”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

This was a huge disappointment. I wouldn't consider this a tourist attraction at all because the bar clearly doesn't want tourists to visit unless they keep a very low profile. If they have a problem with people coming to see their beautiful building they should not advertise it. I loved the design but the experience fell far short of the standards set by the architecture.

I found the staff to be curt and unfriendly and the coffee was nothing special. I was planning to return in the evening time for cocktails but was completely put off by the gruff demeanour of the barman who was more interested in chatting to a regular than in filling my order in a reasonable amount of time.

I did give the barman an American tip though ... and the going rate for poor service is 0%.

7 Thank BearBearBearBEAR