“Check online that the impressionists are on and no private occasions”
Review of Albertina

Vienna Supreme Concerts at Albertina Museum
Ranked #18 of 813 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Situated in the very heart of Vienna's City center, the Albertina houses one of the most important art collections of the world. Founded in 1776, the Museum today owns masterpieces by Da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo, Duerer, Rembrandt etc. These collections are presented in temporary exhibitions. The Batliner Collection "From Monet to Picasso" is permanentely on display and shows the most important works by artists from the age of modernism. The Habsburg Historic Staterooms of the Albertina give an air of Imperial glamour.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Liked what I saw the fauvism extremely. But did not see Monet to Picasso Which Are Travelling to Russia!!! And due to some occasion did mot see much as some privileged people needed the palace more. Will go again next time...

Write a ReviewReviews (5,019)
All reviews
in 99 reviews
"worth a visit"
in 80 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Some really good exhibitions here. We used it as a way to get out of the rain and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed the Matisse exhibit as well as the work of his peers, most I was not familiar with. This is a beautiful museum and you can go through this exhibit in an hour. Since it was my second museum of the day, I was "arted out" and probably didn't give it as much attention as I should have.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Albertina is an impressive palace on the edge of the Hofburg palace complex and well worth a visit. I would recommend the audio tour. The outside terrace has an outstanding view over the Imperial gardens and is free. The entrance fee is modest & gives access to a number of art/sculpture galleries and exhibitions which are refreshed regularly. Great to see memorable paintings up close with unobtrusive security.

If you are not interested in art, then the Café Mozart is just across the street!!

2  Thank Richard W
See more reviews
Reviewed September 23, 2013

It cost almost 12 Euro each to enter this museum, but I am always happy to pay to see a good collection. On the floor below the entrance I was very happy to see some A couple of Monet, Renoir, several Picasso's and a couple of other favourites. However the remainder of that floor was full of modern art which I hated. Not to be deterred I continued on up to the first floor. I'd read that the building and state rooms were great to see, however the day I visited the State rooms and the entire first floor, were closed to the public. A Matisse exhibition was to open the next day but wasn't available on the day I was there. The second floor contained the Helnwein exhibition which I'd read about on Trip Advisor, and didn't think was something I'd like to see, so in the end I felt that my husband and I had paid almost 24 Euros to see a handful of Impressionist paintings and a few Cubist paintings. Left feeling extremely ripped off.

1  Thank Janine C