“Beaulieu, Vienna”

Neighborhood: Inner City
Hamburg, Germany
“Beaulieu, Vienna”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were trying to find somewhere off the beaten track that locals would go to and stumbled upon this wine bar/bistro. It was charming by the fact that it had a great assortment of interesting delicatessen items and the fact that there were a lot of locals eating there. We had great wine and s very nice evening meal of fish and steak. Service was polite, they didn't rush us and we felt as though the holiday had begun! We really enjoyed the experience.

• Visited October 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This hidden gem is one of the friendliest cafes in Vienna with very helpful attentive staff. Good value

Bucharest
“good food”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The good part about Bistro Beaulieu is its location, inside an old building with galleries.
The only bad part is you don't get to see the sunshine.

The part bistro, part épicerie is a spot where you get to taste a little bit of France, starting from the apéritif (usually kir or champagne), but also starters (baguette, tartare de boeuf) and main courses.

Cozy atmosphere, très agrèable. No menus in English - which someties can prove to be quite difficult. Some tables 'outside' for smokers.

• Visited April 2012
Bratislava, Slovakia
“best French place to ruin your dinner - my worst dining experience in Vienna”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

"It is not McDonalds" told us waiter after we were waiting for our starters more than hour. This is one of the many insulting phrases we heard from our French waiter during my last attempt to eat there.
I have been to this place couple times and will never come again.
At my first visit there service was rather bad and slow, the waiter was a little bit strange and rude but since food was not bad overall, I decided to bring my family next time.
If first time service wasjust bad, second time it was simply horrible. Well, it would be a long story to mention all bad points of the service. Just some highlights:
- We had to wait about half hour for menu.
- Waiter is not looking at table at all. No water, no food, no attention. When I asked after 45 minutes where is our food he said that that he "is just a waiter" and he can't cook. Next time he told me "This is not McDonalds".
- After I told him that we are about to leave he brought our soups. It took an hour. Salads and other dishes were still not ready. As a result we had to leave after one and a half hour waiting.
- It could seem that the waiter had a bad day. But since I was there more than once and I was observing personal there, it seems their general attitude towards clients.

Few words about food this time, or to be exact soups we managed to get:))) they were not bad but onion soup was really oversalted. My first dinner their they were also giving bread and butter, which (butter) was actually not bad at all but I guess they decided to cut on this. And overall, I think it does not make sense to talk about their food because after 90 minutes of dealing with hostile service without water and bread, you do not really pay attention to what you eat.
As a resume: if it would be only about slow cooking - it would be not a big deal. I ate in many restaurants in France where you have to wait. But this place really stands out for its unfriendly attutude to clients. I do not think they will last for a long time after the hype about "new French place" will die out and the word about their horrible service will spread. They could survive with such service in some cheesy tourist area in Paris but not in Vienna with so many decent restaurants with great service. C'est la vie!

• Visited February 2012
8 Thank Petrzalka
VIE
“France in Vienna - Nice”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nice food, a taste of France, good wines, to less people in kitchen and service, overtaxed service

• Visited November 2011