“Good food and best value!”
Review of Vietthao

Vietthao
Ranked #215 of 4,343 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Wieden
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were staying at Hotel Mercure Secession and Viet Thao is a short 10 mins walk. After almost 2 weeks of holidaying in Europe and eating Schnitzel, meatloaf, ham & pork knuckles which we all love dearly, we were eager to eat Asian food again. After a disappointing and expensive dinner at Cafe Museum (a few doors away) the evening before, we decided to head to Viet Thao. The tables inside were all taken and we sat outside. It was spring and the evening was cool.

Service was efficient and we ordered a plate of fried rice with pork, fried noodle with beef and 2 generous bowls of beef pho with a glass of beer. They were all surprisingly good and delicious and we ate everything with great relish. Our dinner costs Euro 40. Good value for a hearty meal. Highly recommended if you are visiting Vienna and yearning for Vietnamese food. :-)

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We are regular customers in this little cosy viet restaurant. All the dishes are always fresh and tastes homemade.
The service is always fantastic.
My favourite are their Pho with spring rolls.
The negative aspect - the ventilation in the restaurant is not so good.

1  Thank Zhenya82
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Happened by this restaurant, saw it was busy even late at night so we book an early reservation for before a concert the following night. Fortunately, it met all of our expectations with food as good as Vietnamese gets. The air was perfect so we ate outside. By the time we were ready to leave for the concert (around 7:30) nearly every table inside and out were filled. This restaurant is a keeper but get there early or make a reservation.

1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was looking for somewhere nearby my hotel for a quick dinner tonight, and the reviews of Vietthao convinced me that I should check it out. The inside tables were already full, as were most of the outside tables, but they were able to fit me in. Sitting outside gave me a chance to witness the steady stream of customers wanting to eat here.

Service is efficient, if not friendly. The food had excellent flavor and the portions were plenty. It seemed fairly authentic to me, truthfully, and if I were staying longer in Vienna, I would go again.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

no matter if i order the beef pho, or one of the tremendous ducks, i'm always pleased with the food served a Vietthao, now my favorite asian in Vienna. the service is friendly. sometimes the place gets crowded and the service a little slow. i'm already looking forward to my next trip to vietthao.