Lowest prices for your stay
$88
$88
FindHotel
$64
Hotels.com$88
Travelocity$88
eDreams$88
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2015

This is definitely a budget hotel. It has very small rooms. The bed was comfortable. The TV worked. Pay for Wi-Fi. Very clean room. The room and hall had a bit of a musty smell on arrival which resolved with opening the window. Close to subway but get clearer directions--it is on narrow hard to see street with a just a small sign on the main boulevard.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Barbara S, Inhaber at Hotel Praterstern, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2015

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your feedback.
We wish a good start in the new year.
Best regards
Family Sobotka & Hotel Praterstern

Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel thanks to really nice staff. The room was great, prices really moderate. We could park our car for a little fee. Breakfast balanced and tasty. Also nearby underground helped a lot with discovering Vienna. Prater just 5 minutes away on foot. Overall we're really satisfied.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KayfromPrague
Barbara S, Inhaber at Hotel Praterstern, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2015

Dear Kay,
thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in Vienna.
Best regards
Familiy Sobotka
Hotel Praterstern

Reviewed November 9, 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. I originally booked it for what I hoped would be a good location - it was, and as I was on a budget, that was a factor too. I flew into Vienna, and got the train to Praterstern. People had posted that it was difficult to find this Hotel when leaving the Station because there are many exits, and it is situated on a roundabout. However I found the solution. Leave via the Exit for Trams/Buses - walk straight ahead and look up - in front of you there is a Huge Statue - this is Wilhelm Von Tegetthoff. He is very helpfully looking down Praterstrasse, towards Vienna City Centre. Cross onto the left hand side of Praterstrasse. First turning on your Left is Mayergasse - the Hotel Praterstern is on the Right, lots of flowers outside.
On arrival I was warmly Welcomed, and checked in quickly and efficiently.
I booked BB, my room was 224, a single ensuite, with everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable, with an excellent duvet, and everything in the room appeared to be new. Beautifully tiled ensuite, plenty of hot water, with good pressure.The bedroom window opened, which you don't always get in Hotels, and there were adequate coathangers. It was small, that is often the way with single rooms, but the door opening outwards made the very best of the space. I had a view of the courtyard, which is a pretty area, quiet, and a nice place to sit on your return from Sightseeing in the City.
The Hotel has a small bar, the reception staff serve you - I can recommend the local Ottakringer beer. Breakfast is served in a seperate room next to the Bar. Plenty of choice, cereal, fruit, fresh breads/cakes, tea/cofee, boiled eggs. Loved that they had mugs available for the Hot drinks.
Leaving the Hotel, turn Left, Left again back on to Praterstrasse, and the U-Bahn (Subway) is 5mins stroll. I chose to walk in to City, as it was flat and pleasant stroll. Straight down Praterstrasse, you can swing to the left and cross the Danube, then follow it, or continue straight and cross one bridge further down - now you are in Swedenplatz. From here 5mins and you are in the thick of the City.
TIPS:
If you need to purchase water, juice, fruit, toileteries, you will pass a store with a variety of goods, on the walk to the U-Bahn.
This Hotel is CASH payment Only
Pay for Safety Deposit Boxes - opposite Reception
Pay for Wifi
Hop On Off Sightseeing bus has stops on Praterstern, and near the Station

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Billiedoux
Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

I wanted cheap and cheerful, preferably a hostel but my hand was forced last minute and I gambled on a slightly pricier option of a hotel.
Bad choice. Other than it's reasonable location in a pretty large city - no other aspect met my expectations. My room had no air-com, the tv didn't work and my reception on arrival was pretty hostile. My room had no shower, in fact it was two floors below my room - which made for an awkward semi-naked walk upstairs. I don't want to be a moaning Myrtle but two stars is generous. If you are traveling Europe and want a cheap solution, avoide this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ForkBP
Barbara S, Inhaber at Hotel Praterstern, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2015

Dear Guest,
we are sorry about the missunderstanding with the room. We also offer other rooms with shower and toilet or only with shower - it always depends on you booking. So it seems that there has been a missunderstanding by your booking. We also have an Air-Condition in our superior rooms. Further you write that you staff was hostile, Can you tell us what happend exactly that we can comprehend and prove the situation and when you stayed by us.
Best regards from Vienna
Family Sobotka & Team Hotel Praterstrn

Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

This hotel was adequate considering its competitive rate and friendly staff.
The area did seem to provide a home for a plethora (genuinely around 50) tramps, but actually a walk to the centre of town is only 20 minutes long.
The hotel has a nice beer garden, crucial on some of the 37° days, but sadly no air conditioning, which was a bit rut.
Toilets clean (although one was so small one had to angle ones whole body just to relieve oneself) and showers perfectly adequate.
Staff were kind and helpful and dressed in rather smart red waistcoats, which does make a difference.
All things added up, decent place, although there is a brothel across the road (!).

Date of stay: July 2015