We stayed in Room 339, which was definitely not as nice as the photos make canopy rooms out to be on the website. The problem with putting such lovely looking rooms online is that people may feel let down when they arrive and find that theirs looks nothing like what they have seen. Overall our room looked a bit tired. We did have a four poster bed, made of metal rather than wood. The beige carpet looked rather tired with some stains. The wall paper didn't match the rest of the room and paint was peeling off the windowsills. All of this would have been fine if we hadn't been expecting a room looking like, for instance, numbers 223/233/346 etc on the website. To avoid disappointment of customers, I think it may be an idea to have photos of every room available on the website - and realistic ones without the soft fuzzy lighting. I suspect we may have been unlucky with the room as other reviewers here don't seem to have had the same experience as us.
Overall I would describe our stay as functional rather than enjoyable. Breakfast was adequate.
* Walking distance to Museum Quarter
* Tram stop right outside and less than 10 minute walk to U-Bahn.
* Very friendly and helpful reception staff.
* Very hard beds - this of course is personal preference but my mum and I found them rather uncomfortable. However the young man on reception found us two extra quilts that we slept on, which helped.
* Downside of tramstop being so near is the noise. We were in a room facing onto the road and were expecting city noise. Due to lack of AC we had the window open all night as well. Buses and trams seem to run for most of the night - great for getting around but not so good for trying to sleep! I used earplugs and could still hear them. We did still manage to sleep (my mum even without ear plugs somehow) but I would definitely recommend asking for a room off the main road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have you ever slept in one of the cozy romantic canopy bedrooms at Hotel Kugel in Vienna? Have you ever tried its regional, organic-breakfast in the bright breakfast room? Have you ever strolled around Hotel Kugel to explore many little shops and restaurants? No? Then it's definitely time to come over! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Kugel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kugel Hotel Vienna