“Good location”

Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark Wien
Ranked #116 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is in an great, quiet location near the university and the Rathaus. There is a spacious elevator in the hotel. There was plenty of closet space. We moved one of the chairs into one of the compartments to make room for our luggage on the floor. The hotel did offer free coffee in the lobby in the morning in travel cups. It is not close to a grocery store or a bank ATM. It is near to a metro and an S-Bahn station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann P
There are newer reviews for Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark Wien

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are OK, clean, freshly renovated. The staff it was one of the nicest and kindest of all our stay in Vienna. Helpful, professional and kind. Now a few problems - no air conditioning in the rooms, but are ventilators, which in 34-35 degrees are not really helping anymore, especially when you have a room which is facing the yard and you can not keep open the windows because of privacy(you can see the neighbor....). Our fan in the room had a strange noise when we took over the room, we spoke with the reception clerk and they replaced it immediately, more than that we asked for a spare one and without any problem they gave us. This is one major problems with the hotel. Another issue which happened it wad that our fridge was not cooling. The temperature of the water from the fridge was the same like of those from the room. We called the reception again and the technician came the next day, giving the explanation, that the fridge needs time to cool down, because of the heat and is nothing they can do. It was just broken the fridge and they did not want to mess with it. So we left the thing without asking again or do something in this regard, anyway we were mostly to sleep or take a shower in the room.
Breakfast I can not say anything, we did not take the rooms with breakfast, we are not breakfast eaters. But in the morning it is next to the reception, free of charge, coffee, milk, cold water and if you will ask I am sure you can get tea as well.
I can recommend this hotel to everybody, anytime, except the season with big heat, unless somebody likes to sweat all the time:) I understood from frau Brigitta, the reception clerk, that the upper floor, which was built not long time ago has A/C. So for those who want the rooms in the heat of summer try to get rooms there.
All together it was a nice stay, I guess if we return to Vienna, we would choose again this hotel. (except the summer)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

If the weather is not hot and humid, this is an excellent choice, in case of hot summer days beware that most of the rooms( in our case a business room in fifth floor ) did not have aircondition and after 8.00 am the room was just inhabitable . Don't miss out the breakfast !!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The rooms were of good size and nice. Bath was nice as well.

The staff at the desk were very friendly and helpful.

The location was a little too far on the edge of the ring and we did not have time to navigate the tram on the ring.....it was raining during our stay so walking everywhere was difficult. There is no good hotel signage so as you are walking around trying to navigate maps, etc. you cannot find the hotel easily. We looked down that street a couple of times while walking endlessly back to our hotel and still could not tell we were home yet.

The hotel is older and quaint, but I really expected it to be even older looking and more quaint. The review and pictures on-line gave me the impression that the hotel alone would be an experience. It was just fine, but not as special as I thought it would be.,

Room Tip: We had a corner room and the room next door. They were both very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and the service, room and buffet breakfast each morning was superb. The room was great, clean and with all the amenities that we needed. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was also in a great location, a few blocks off the busy streets.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn M
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The good:

In a quiet neighborhood off the main street just a few short blocks from a major metro stop (being close to a metro stop is invaluable in any city, imho).

The staff was very friendly, and most spoke English well enough.

The breakfast room was nice, and the food was good.

Free wifi and personal safe.

The room was clean, and the cleaning staff was attentive and thorough.

The bad:

The furniture and decor is extremely outdated. Not sure what decade, but probably the 60's. The wood design just feels old (and not in that "good quaint" old way... just old). I even had an old CRT TV that took at least 2 min to warm up and turn on... seriously.

On top of that, the room was the tiniest I've ever been in. To be fair, I had the "Junior" suite (because I was traveling solo and don't need much space), but this was a bit ridiculous. It's a single bed and two steps out of it in either direction, I hit a wall.

The bathroom was crowded as well, especially the shower, which was more like a coffin. I'm 6'1" and thin, and I kept hitting the walls with my elbows. I had to get creative with the shower head just make it work. Each shower was an adventure to say the least. I don't know how a larger person could ever make it work. Maybe the regular rooms have regular showers. I don't know, but my coffin was ridiculous.

It's not a bad hotel, by any means. But be sure you DON'T get a "Junior" suite. I won't stay there again, but the fact that it's quiet, clean, and a few blocks from a metro stop may be acceptable for some people.

Room Tip: Don't get a "Junior" suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Josh C
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found this hotel on the Expedia website and it lived up to its billing. It is located just outside the Ring on a very quiet street. It's a perfect location because you have some privacy but can walk to shopping, restaurants, and many public transportation options within blocks. Plus the Sigmund Freud Museum is right around the corner! The rate was very reasonable.

But without the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff, I might not be writing this review. The front desk staff do everything from registering guests, checking bags, serving coffee and drinks, to acting as tour guides. And most important for me, when it turned out the room I was assigned was acceptable after the first night, the hotel immediately offered to assign us a new room and transfer our luggage while we were out touring. Generally, their English was good (given that I do not speak German).

I did not take advantage of purchasing the breakfast (way too much food for me in the morning), but the buffet looked quite good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family