All reviewsbuilding next doorschwedenplatz metro stationairport busstar hotelexcellent positionplace to sleepcafes and restaurantsold cityfresh fruitfirst floorreception staffpleasant stayvisit viennamin walkquiet streetpublic transportbathroom
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is just 10 minutes walk to city center . So clean safe with good breakfast & nice , friendly staff & helpful, there is smoking floor which we can open windows. There is so many restaurants around this hotel & one good supermarket. By walk in less than 5 minutes we reach to mean tourist street.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Parvaneh327
Reviewed August 9, 2017

The hotel is very central near most shops, restaurant and transport. Reception staff are very helpful. As rooms are not air conditioned, we asked for a fan which was given to us in 5 minutes. Breakfast is good but expected something better, like sausages and a wider variety of sweets. Overall ii is a good hotel and will stay again in my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Nice hotel well situated close to the U bahn, I was a single traveler and had a single room which was adequate the only problem was that there was no air con, it was stifling hot. The breakfast buffet is plentiful.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Britcan58
Reviewed June 29, 2017

I rented a room at the Wein Post for two nights based mostly on the reviews. The hotel is nice enough, I liked the traditional feel of the place with older rooms and elevators. My room was very small, but adequate with a nice shower and bathroom. My biggest complaint? NO AC! On several hot nights, there was only a small fan for cooling. The desk clerk told me to take a cold shower! I admit I might need a cold shower now and then, but it's a poor substitute for actual air conditioning. On the bright side..... the breakfast bar is just great. Lots of variety, good eggs and bacon, breads and lots of other stuff. Would I stay there again? No probably not. Not really a good value for the price paid for the room. There are better deals in the city.

Room Tip: Some rooms have shared bathrooms. ASK about it before you book.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
fraihs, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Weffley?

Thank you very much for your comments. Sorry because of AC, but there is no website
we advertise having an AC?
Certainly we know that it's getting warmer and warmer, so for our renovations in Winter is is one of the points that will be done.

We would be glad welcoming you again one day.
rgds
Peter Fraihs

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

No thrills, no extra cost. Good location for stephansplatz, very close to schwedenplatz metro station. Close to several places to eat and very close to a spar. Also has its own restaurant. I didn't use it for dinner but for breakfast it had the classic buffet style which was absolutely fine. Attentive staff and everything ran smoothly within. Reception staff etc were absolutely fine and polite. Room was clean and had the basics to be comfortable. One thing I would point out is (maybe it was just my room) but there was no AC so it was difficult to cool the room down. Also, my laptop tripped the electricity, not sure if it's just mine...but I've used mine all over Vienna. Not sure if it's the building or what; but that was a bit of a blip for me. Having said that, staff did everything they could and hotel provided all they said they would. Perfect for travellers who don't need the thrills

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank David M
fraihs, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear David,

thanks for you comments, and sorry because of the electricity, but we never had a similar problem because of a laptop only?
As I couldn't find any comments in our supports, could you please let me know the room number, that we can check?

thanks and best regards