“Value for money, perfect location”
Review of Hotel Post

Hotel Post
Ranked #158 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Cyprus
“Value for money, perfect location”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a week. The location is perfect and you can walk to most attractions of Vienna. The room was clean and roomy and felt homely. Also nice and warm considering outside was freezing cold. Breakfast very good for a 3* hotel. Helpful staff. An overall pleasant and comfortable experience. Considering Vienna is an expensive city, this hotel was value for money.

Room Tip: As there are different sized rooms, ask for one of the big ones
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MonicaCyprus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Sussex, New jersey
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here as part of a Rick Steves tour and for a few days after. Room was large, clean with some outside noise from local nightclub. Front desk staff not very helpful or friendly but it depended on who was staffing it. Some were more helpful than others. Hotel restaurant was convenient for a meal if coming in late after a long day of touring.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheCards
Maryland
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is in a good location that is close to the metro and downtown section. The service from the front desk left much to be desired from the beginning. They were unfriendly during check-in and seemed more interested in continuing their conversations between each other than taking our paperwork and handing over our keys.

The cleanliness level was poor. The restaurant cushions had old food stains on them and the toilets in our room were filthy before our check-in. The outside of the bowls had not been cleaned properly and there was old urine stains running down the front. Upon complaining, the staff seemed unconcerned and reluctant to send someone to clean it until I personally went down and spoke directly to the supervisor. After this final attempt, they were very courteous and apologized for the oversight.

The room furnishings were adequate but our room seemed a bit drafty (the place is very old). The breakfast in the morning was basic but met expectations. Overall, the entire atmosphere of the place was one of apathy. If you are just looking for ANY place to stay, this will do, but we will not be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Hotel Post is dirty, noisy and an establishment that has no respect for the safety and security of its patrons. There were renovation workers immediately outside of our window as of 0730 in the morning and we were not provided with curtains to offer some privacy. Worse yet, our room was immediately next to the workers' access door and, at some point, they were given an access key to our room to use our toilet. It was obvious that our comings and goings were noted since, on the second morning, a worker walked into our room only five minutes after my husband had left for the embassy. A shock to both the worker and me: I was still naked in bed when he walked into our room. My husband and my complaints fell on deaf ears at the front desk. The daytime desk staff would not allow us contact with a manager and would not take any responsibility for the huge breach in safety and security. He merely stated that it wasn't his fault that the worker walked into our room as he was "stupid." We immediately left the hotel to find another place to stay and, fortunately, found the Boutique Hotel Alma. I have spent the past couple of months trying to contact a manager at the Hotel Post with no success. My emails of concern are not responded to and, when I have called, I have been informed that there is no manager on site. I'm really not sure how they run that place. It really leaves a sour taste.

Room Tip: Walk away.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kputinta
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel is 10 minutes walk away from Stephans Dome or one stop away by underground.We stayed at this hotel last time some 8 years ago. Since then the restaurant and the reception area had been refurbished. We got a room at the 4th floor, which had been refurbished with a new bath room. The room was big and high and towards the alley. No noise.
The included breakfast (they call it cold buffee) was good and also included scrambled eggs and bacon. Fresh fruit was also available.
All in all we felt comfortable and welcome in this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the alley to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sedelma
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was a hotel used a lot by my family, but my first stay there. My room was on the second floor, my mother and sister stayed on the fourth. Their room has been refurbished to modern standards, mine has yet to undergo this treatment. One comment, some of us would prefer to have the option of a bath, not just a shower.

Breakfast provided the usual range of options- maybe if fresh filter coffee were available rather than machine made/served, it would be a little less bitter. Also fresh fruit juice would be nice.

Because of the family connection ther reception staff quickly learned my name and this helped me feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel needs a total refurbishment. I stayed 1 night in a single room that was like a cupboard. I moved to a double room of single use and I felt been back to the fifties; Very old furnitures, a strange smell, poor light, no access to the wifi network, very noisy air extractor, poor sound isolation, extremely basic breakfast. I have really difficulties in finding something positive in this hotel. Reception desk during day time 1 good employee but the other OK but not kind at all. Service almost inexistant. I did a mistake choosing this hotel and it spoiled my stay in Vienna. To avoid for business trips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business