Wow...that was my worst experience in my whole life !!! If it would be possible to give a negative rating, I would be the first to do that ! Even 1 star is too much for this ! So, let's begin : (this will be a loooong post)
- pretty hard to find by car, because of the one-way streets around it
- when you find it, nothing from outside tells you that this is a hotel...actually, is a big old house transformed into a so called "hotel"...
- if you get there after 6 p.m., reception is closed.I mean...closed ! Entrance door is closed with a key and nobody is there. You need to speak to an external interphone, with a guy from another hotel, which will tell you a code, from an outside safe, where you will find your room key.But if you have a problem with the room, nobody can help you til next day.
- we paid for a triple room (that means 3 beds for 3 teenagers), but they gave us a double room. How do you send 3 teenagers to sleep in 2 beds ??...Next day, they gave us a sofa (which is not a bed, right ?), but the price remained the same :(
- they ask you a 50 EUR !! deposit for EVERY key they give you.What ?? C'mon, even Marriott or Hilton ask only 30-40 eur deposit per room, and not per key...But they are 4-5 stars hotels, not some hostel...
- "the hotel" doesn't have a parking place...More than that, you are allowed to stay maximum 10 minutes with the car in the street, otherwise you are "awarded" with a 36 eur amend !! If you are unlucky, and they pick up your car, the "prize" is 100 eur !
- the closest parking is about 300 m away (if you walk)...by car, is about 1.2 Km because of the one-way streets...Price is 37 eur/day or if you buy a discount card from the hotel, is "only" 25 eur (again, see Hilton - own park place, in front of the hotel, 30 eur).
- in weekends, parking is free on the street
- the restaurant...what restaurant ??? Nah, they don't have a restaurant...not even a place to take your breakfast...Just a few tables outside, open air.
- breakfast...wow...travelled a lot around the world, but NEVER seen something like that...The so called "breakfast", come into a basket, right on the floor, in the front of your door ! Yes, you hear me right ! A basket put on the floor !... It contains (extract from their offer) : 1 croissant, 2 rolls, 1 orangejuice 200 ml, 1 jam, 1 butter, 1 cream cheese, 1 salami, 1 instant coffee, 1 teabag, 2 sugar. Everything cold, no fresh meals...like you are an alpinist in the top of a mountain. The price for all these divine specialities : 7 eur !
- if you want a hot drink, they have an espresso machine at the reception, but it went out of service in the 2nd day of our stay, and next 4 days no one came to fix it...
- cleaning of rooms...what cleaning ??? in 6 days there, they only came to give us toilet paper, and if we were there and we asked, they changed the towels too. Nothing else.
- front desk guys...helpfull sometimes, but always looks like you are disturbing them from some important things they are doing (even I think they were playing solitaire :D)
- if you buy something from the hotel (like breakfast or discount park tickets) don't forget to ask for a receipt ! I bought 4 park tickets in our 2nd day, paid cash, received no receipt, and when to leave, they told me I have to pay 4 tickets ! I have had no proof of my payment, and after a 15 minutes strife with them, they let us leave the hotel... Not professionals at all !
- the only thing good there was the bed - pretty confortable.
- free wi-fi in the hotel, but very poor TV programs (95% of them in german language)
The price paid for this big nothing, was way too big :(:(
I totally DO NOT RECOMMEND this hotel, and instead of staying there, you better stay at home !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you interested in an extended stay in Vienna or would you just like to enjoy the comfort of an exclusive apartment house in Vienna for a day or two? Either way, the Levante Laudon will be ideal! Our apartment house is located in the centre of Vienna in a wonderful Biedermeier building with a picturesque inner courtyard. It's only a few minutes walk to the Vienna City Hall (Rathaus), Parliament and all the famous sights of the city centre. The Levante Laudon offers two types of Apartment accommodation in Vienna city center. Our apartment house has apartments in two categories, each with two rooms. Because it is located centrally in Vienna it's also perfect as extended-stay accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Levante Laudon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.