All reviews perfect location graben street spacious bedroom old world charm air conditioning breakfast room single room stay there again easy walking distance subway stop yogurt cold meats each morning reception area stayed nights central vienna visit vienna
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

We Visited the Pension Nossek at the end of November and stayed for one night in Room 18. We checked out in the morning and left. I started itching a few hours later but didn't think much of it. The itching got so bad I had to stop at a service station and get my partner to scratch my back. This is when I discovered I had been bitten by bed bugs. That evening I emailed the hotel and sent photos of the bites that were publishable. They replied and said that they checked the room and all they found was a little spider and that must have caused my allergy. I was dismayed by this response and sent them more photos and a comprehensive account of bed bug bites. Again they dismissed this. When I got home I decided to check out this hotel. The very first review I read was from someone who had stayed in room 18 only days before we did and had reported to the hotel that they suffered from bed bug bites. The hotel responded to this review the day we checked in so were well aware of what was in the room. I again contacted the hotel and again they tried to say that I might have caught it off the plane or train, anywhere but in their hotel. It must be the most fantastic coincidence that two people who stayed in the same hotel room within days of each other were both bitten by bed bugs. I am going to take this to the Austrian Tourist board as the hotel refuses to even acknowledge that they have a problem. If anyone else has suffered from bed bug bites either in the past or future please contact me. You can send me a message through the link at the bottom of this review.
Apart from that the hotel is in an excellent location. Me personally, I would prefer to spend a bit more money and stay somewhere else. The saving was not worth spending over €50 on creams and 5 sleepless nights and painful days. The pictures show my bites. Bed bugs bite in groups or straight lines. When they bite they release an anaesthetic so you don't know you've been bitten and a coagulant to stop the wound bleeding. It's this coagulant that causes the unbearable itching. The feeding pattern is called breakfast lunch and dinner.
I can't wait for the hotel to respond to this. Two reports of bed bug bites in the same room days apart.
Stay here at your own risk!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Destination796456
PensionN, Leiter Front Office at Pension Nossek, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2018

Please note that every medal has two sides - you elaborately explained your point of view, here again is ours. We are constantly taking all precautions to not only meet the strict Austrian hygiene regulations, but to exceed them. Several times a year we hire a professional company with the appropriate measures. We regret your injuries very much, but we want to reaffirm in this way that we are not to blame. The pictures show his allergic reaction, but it is definitely no proof, where he has got them. Your stay with us was one night out of a journey. Please trust us, we would be the first to apologize, if there were any hints that caused this unhappy inconvenience in our pension. Our experience shows us that unfortunately there are many possibilities, places and loopholes for all kind of insects to survive during a journey. No hotel no matter in which category, no airplane, no train or bus is safe from vermin, as they are brought by guests without knowing. However we hereby assure that we are taking constantly all measures to prevent this and are trusting the specialits to proove and prevent it.

Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

Our tour group stayed at the Nossek for two nights. The location is absolutely perfect. Located in the heart of Vienna on a pedestrian only street lined with high designer stores. St. Stephan’s cathedral is less than 5 minutes as is the subway stop Stephansplatz. Along the side streets you’ll find many restaurants.

My room was quite large and overlooked the pedestrian street. Quite lovely to look out at night to see the illuminated Christmas lights. I enjoyed the bathtub. Breakfast was included and presented a nice variety of breakfast choices.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PensionN, Manager at Pension Nossek, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2018

Dear guest, thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad that you felt comfortable in our home and we hope to host you soon again!

Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

Whilst during the visit there were no issues with the Pension and the location was excellent unfortunately room 18 was infested with bedbugs. A few days later on returning, we developed severely itchy red bites on our hands, feet, chest and even face. The room is quaint, with old type of furnishings and upholstery, whilst outwardly it appeared fairly clean although a bit dusty unfortunately the room is clearly infested. There is no other explanation for the bites, have never experienced anything like this before.

The worst part is the Pension refused to acknowledge any of this and did not even offer an apology despite being emailed photos of the bites. This is my first review on TripAdvisor even though I have travelled to many places, and it is more to make people aware before they book here as having this experience has been incredibly stressful. The potential risk of transferring bedbugs into your home from the room via luggage etc...is unpleasant and inconvenient to say the least. If you have booked - be sure to check your room very very carefully (which unfortunately I didn’t do) as the managers/owners will just deny any of your concerns and will blame ‘loopholes and all sorts of possibilities’ instead of actually addressing the issue.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank 471spp
Pension N, Geschäftsführer at Pension Nossek, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

You will certainly agree, that you usually apologize for things that you are guilty of. Of course we took your critic very serious and immediately checked the room and fortunately didn’t find any traces. It is obvious that there can be many reasons, places and opportunities where you got the injuries. We didn’t deny your concerns, we just gave you the explanation from our point of view. As a result there was nothing to apologize, but to regret your inconvenience. Normally, the incident is noticed immediately so that the appropriate actions could be taken at once. On checking out you assured us your complete satisfaction, that you felt very comfortable and you complimented on the high cordiality and professionalism of our staff. We cannot explain your issue, but we hope you will get well soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

The charm of the hotel is there and the staff are lovely plus the location is perfect. The thing you need to toss up is whether the old charm will work for you. My single room, whilst clean had the toilet outside which wasn’t great for a female who was travelling solo. It also had this strong old smell. As some other reviews state, it’s a great hotel if you’re just sleeping there. It purely depends what you are used to. I like my creature comforts. The breakfast was just OK and did the job. After staying in lovely places on my trip my standard is set very high. Give it a try as it’s reasonably priced in an expensive city.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Pension N, Leiter Front Office at Pension Nossek, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear guest, thank you for taking time for a review. Yes we are in the heart of the city and you can reach all the important sights, coffeeshops and restaurants in walking distance. We are a small pension in a historical building, which oblige us to obey the protection of ancient monuments. Originally it was the home of a Viennese nobility family with many different rooms. Now as a small hotel we are trying to conserve the antique style and familiar atmosphere in 32 different rooms. We have to note, that we offer different categories of rooms - single, double and suite - and you definitely booked a single room with shower in and toilet outside. To tell you the truth, we don’t want to be a simply modern hotel, that could be everywhere in the world, we are proud to be part of this feeling of good old Vienna with comfortable amenities for our guests combined with the flair of the past.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

A fantastic location for exploring Vienna. Right in the middle of the central district however the quality of the rooms leaves much to be desired. Old furniture, torn sofa, paper cover on bedside table......it's all very tired. Service was ok.....breakfast adequate although a boiled egg at 2 Euros seemed a little unnecessary.If you stay I suggest you avoid rooms facing the pedestrianised shopping area - very noisy all night.
Bathroom clean and more modern but basin didn't drain - this was fixed but subsequently the bath didn't empty.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatrinaandPeter
Pension N, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Pension Nossek, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thank you for taking time for a review. We are a small pension in a historical building, which oblige us to obey the protection of ancient monuments. Originally it was the home of a Viennese nobility family with many different rooms. Now as a small hotel we are trying to conserve the antique style and familiar atmosphere in 32 different rooms. Yes we are not one of the modern standard hotels, in our house you can feel the flair of good old Vienna with art deco furniture and decor. Concerning our breakfast we offer a Viennese, regional and fresh choice of several bread, cereals, fruits, cheese, sausage, marmalade, sweets, yoghurt, vegetables and homemade variations of lemonades. The extras you mention refer to the extra dishes made by the cook (f.e. warm dishes like ham & eggs).