City Hotel Deutschmeister
$175
$124
  • Restaurant
Austria Classic Hotel Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$107
$162
$141
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmetro stationthe hotel staffbreakfast roomair conditioningquiet areacoffee machinenice breakfastvisiting viennavery nice hoteleurosapartmentstopscitycheese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am glad that I booked this hotel before I read the reports otherwise I may have not done so.

I arrived early at 09.30 in the morning and expected to wait until the afternoon for my room but the gentleman on reception said he would rearrange things so that I could have a room early and not have to wait.

My room was modern with double glazing and air conditioning, a large double bed, (I was travelling alone on busines), the room was cleaned every day, I told the cleaner that I did not need my towels changing as I had four and they would last me the week (environmentaly friendly). TV had a great selection of channels several in English and others in French and Spanish and several sport channels.

Thers is no free Wi Fi but it was only 5 euros for 24 hours

The bathroom was large and very very modern with a bath and excellent shower. At no time did the hotel smell anything other than pleasent, reception area bar was modern and clean, there was a outside are to sit and drink coffee with fountains. The room also had a mini safe for money, passport etc which I consider important.

As for location, this was suberb, the metro is 1 minute walking distance and ony three stops from what I consider the centre of Vienna which is Stephensplatz. I walked back from there one evening after a late dinner with friends and it took less than 15 minutes (I am in my fifties so not a young person).

Outside of the Hotel by the metro station are a group of resteraunt and cafe bars called summer stage (I gather though that these close in the winter months) which are by the river and is very pleasent to sit have a meal or just a couple of beers.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and can not believe these other reports as they have no resemblance to the hotel I stayed at. I also booked and payed in advance and had no problems.

What more is left to say, at the end of the day I only need a room for sleeping as during the day I was at work, and this more that met my requirements. I would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gaijun
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Its a cosy hotel just 2 minutes away from the metro and 2 stops from the city centre..half an hour walk to the city centre...I was there when it was very hot and it has no air condition and not enough fans....Breakfast is very good....rooms are cosy but bathroom is so small that if you're on the toilet one cannot open the door....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank john_busuttil
Reviewed August 23, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 17, 2012

this hotel was close to the underground although out of thte city centre.
the room had no aircon, no free wifi, no tea and coffee facilities and no safe to lock personal items.

although good variety at breakfast and a good selection of tv programmes

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tonyhalik
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Unfortunately any decent hotel like this one can be ruined by obstinate and disagreeable staff and management. We booked our stay ahead of time through booking.com and secured a cheaper advanced rate that was just barely within our budget. We booked several other hotels with the same credit card and had no problems. After booking we received an email saying that Deutschmeister could not run our card, but that our reservation would be held until 18:00 on day of arrival and we were still obligated to fulfill the reservation. We double checked and resent the card info but for some reason that did not work either. On the day of arrival we left early to get to Deutschmeister to clear everything up. When we got there in the early afternoon the staff said that they had emailed us earlier that day, telling us that the reservation was cancelled and if we wanted to stay there we would have to pay a higher rate which was out of our budget. We did not get the email because we were on the train on our way to the hotel. We had all of our stuff and no where else to go so we pretty much had to stay there. We tried arguing with the staff but got no where. After we got back home we called booking.com to let them know what happened. They were blown away that a hotel in their system would do this and promised to get our money back. A complaint was filed but Deutschmeister again refused to pay our money back, even when confronted by booking.com. It took booking.com threatening Deutschmeister with directly billing them and paying us back for Deutschmeister to finally refund our credit card with the difference in price. All this to say, BOOKING.COM is wonderful and has great customer service and DEUTSCHMEISTER has horrible customer service with employees who will smile at you and lie all day long. THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARE FRIENDLY BUT ARE REALLY VERY SHADY AND I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN AND COULD NEVER RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE PATRONIZE THEIR ESTABLISHMENT.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple