On paper this hotel looked as if it has it all, great location, reasonable prices and good reviews. Unfortunately, reality didn't match up to expectations!
The location is truly great to cover all of central vienna walking with the furthest point of interest being a 30m gentle stroll so you would save on transportation by staying in this hotel. There are a few good restaurants in the nearby streets which compensate for the pricy breakfast (€16/person) and the sad room service menu (almost non existent).
We've experienced two rooms in this hotel, our original room which was a double deluxe wasn't the nicest of rooms, it had a slight Oder of dogs (the hotel allows for pets) and had two single beds stuck together which apparently is equal to a double bed in Austria!?
As a result and after several calls to the front desk to find a solution to the bed issue, the only option provided was to upgrade to a privilege room for a slightly reduced fee (€20/night) although I would have expected such a solution to be for free.
The privilege room was a nice, clean although not to spacious room. There is an unusual arrangement whereby the toilet was separate from the shower with the toiletries and towels in the toilet making the experience an interesting one. The door to both toilet and shower opened to the main bedroom and the doors were transparent Art Deco design.
The bed was king size and comfy with good pillows but again two separate single dovets rather than one large king size one which meant you will end up outside the covers if you turn to one side! The choice of tv channels was minimal even if you pay the €5/day for satellite channels.
We've tried the breakfast once, the bakery products were nice and there was a good cheese selection.
Overall, I would not stay there again as I think other places would be better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna