The Hotel Mercure Josefshof Wien, Josefsgasse 4-6, Wien, is a fabulous hotel, only let down by its poor outlook. It’s located on a quiet street, opposite a covered car park building. But with regard to location where access to the sights and historic buildings is concerned, there can’t be many in Vienna that can beat this hotel.
We were delighted to learn that we had been upgraded from a standard room. Now that was nice surprise but I would have given this hotel 5 out of 5, had someone shown us to our rooms and explained how the ‘aircon’ and other facilities worked. As it was, it was not until the last night that we realised that the ‘aircon’ didn’t work unless all the room windows were locked shut! The one other negative was the rooms were unbearably hot.
Katharina at reception was very helpful and a delight. We were soon to learn that all the staff here were ever so helpful and polite.
I thought what with having had an upgrade with the room, perhaps breakfast might now be included? Well you never know might as well ask!
On the second morning, Katharina was at reception so I begged the question, she and her colleague hummed and hawed, as they checked their computer. They then turned to me and explained that breakfast was included, but, it had always been included with our room when it was originally booked, strange as all my paperwork stated ‘Room only!’
The lesson learnt, whatever you book, confirm at the time of check in what room rate you are on, you may well be pleasantly surprised!
Breakfast was a lavish affair, with all manner of goodies, far in excess of what you might imagine a continental breakfast to be. It also goes on forever, 7am. till mid-day. At 16 Euros a pop, you would expect it to be special.
On the last night of our 4 night stay, we discovered that because we had the windows shut in our hotel room, the ‘aircon’ came on, resulting in the best night sleep of our stay.
Another good thing about this hotel after we went through the formalities of check out we were able to place our cases in a secure lock up in the hotel basement. This enabled us to have a worry free tour of the Parliament building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien am Rathaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna