Very pleasant reception staff who greeted us warmly and offered us advice on the city and the transport system. Was given an upgrade to a Privilege room in the new part of the building. Very nice room with a gold Klimt feel. Good size and very comfortable bed. Hotel is well placed to walk into the city centre and has excellent transport connections. Number 2 tram close to hotel will take you half way around the ring and Rathaus metro underground station is short walk. CAT train is not worth the extra cost as the S7 train costs just 2 Euro on top of a city ticket. Best option is to buy a 2 Euro ticket and a period ticket such as a weekly or 72 hour etc(ticket machines are easy to operate as they can be changed to English). Take the S Bahn to Pratershorn and then the U2 to Rathaus.
Only negative is the irritating Wi fi that repeatedly needs the codes to be entered but on the positive side is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien am Rathaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna